Hughesnet Community

Has Hughesnet fixed the congestion issue in beam 84 Gen 5?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreyellis1
Freshman

Has Hughesnet fixed the congestion issue in beam 84 Gen 5?

I am writing in today to see if Hughesnet has fixed the congestion issues in my beam (84). I was told late last year and this year that they were working to resolve the cogestion issues. Also I want to know which this may be related to cogestion on my beam, why when I run out of data that my speeds are well below the 1-3 mbps. Anyone that can chime in on this please do so. Thanks for all of the help in advance!!!

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

So your wifi booster stopped working?  If memory serves, you were getting excellent speeds with it.

I personally am not having issues, speeds are still great. I am just asking for a neighbor that is interested in Hughesnet. 

GabeU

@coreyellis1

It's probably safe to say that your neighbor's base speed would be similar to yours.  If yours is good, I'm sure theirs would be, as well. 

I am getting 64 to 500 kbps every afternoon and evening. They said it was the gen 4 modem so they just sent me gen 5 absolutely the same if not worse this is horrific
GabeU

@reyn2990 wrote:
I am getting 64 to 500 kbps every afternoon and evening. They said it was the gen 4 modem so they just sent me gen 5 absolutely the same if not worse this is horrific

Are you on Gen5 and on Beam 84 on the Echostar 19 satellite?  

maratsade

That's terrific, coreyellis1!  Like Gabe says, your neighbour will likely have similar speeds. 

@coreyellis1 wrote:

I personally am not having issues, speeds are still great. I am just asking for a neighbor that is interested in Hughesnet.