cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody else encountered corrupted HTTPS streams lately?

Re: Has anybody else encountered corrupted HTTPS streams lately?

Hi JacksonTech,

FYI, the way Charles attempted to explain this was correct (for the cost to no cost issue of the replacement)

You paid for your HT1000. It fails. We send you a no-cost-to-you replacement (bigger and badder too) as long as you send us the broken one. Consider your old one an organ donor. We want to inspect it and test it. But most of all, if we sent you a modem and didn't get one back, we'd be out a few bucks.

Thanks
Amanda

P.S. If I missed in the thread that you got the HT1100, sorry. It is a pretty good investment because those modems use wideband and move more data at efficient rates compared to the HT1000.
Associate Professor
Assistant Professor

I think she missed us.  Smiley Happy

Nothing like watching AGT and posting on HughesNet Community.  Lol.

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction with the response to this post. Smiley Tongue

Amanda, the main reason I'm hesitant to trade in a (what seems to be a perfectly functional) HT1000 for a HT1100 are some of the comments in this thread. I'm probably missing something since I skimmed it, but some of the comments on the 4th page imply that the HT1100 is causing problems where a HT1000 was working previously.

Also, I do literally keep old devices as conquests trophies so there's that too. I'm weird that way!

Nothing weird about that I still have about 10 56k phone modems, an old socket 7 MB with a 400mb Processor, an old Dell 2300 PC using SDRAM and a whopping 127mb cache, 4 3.5 Drives, and a 1.7mb floppy drive.  We pack rats never throw anything away you never know when you'll need to use DOS to play Jazz Jackrabbit or Leisure Suit Larry.
Honorary Alumnus

I have a VIC-20 in the attic.

Now that is a pack-rat item.

Honorary Alumnus

Jackson Tech,

sgoshe's issues are related to gateway overload due to switching to the Ultra plan.

I think the oldest things I have are a 22MB Maxtor hard drive, a working 5.25" floppy drive, and a Pentium 133MHz laptop. I do have two ISA SoundBlaster 16s (I dig the OPL3 synth sound). Sadly, I got rid of the 286 a long time ago.

Hmm, remind me not to upgrade anytime soon. I'd rather just purchase tokens if I need them. Are the Ultra plan gateways impacted because the people that use it are likely to use more bandwidth?
Alum

Hi Jackson,

You've provided a great amount of information for us. Thank you for that. We got word from our engineers, and they have made some adjustments to your terminal to address your concerns. Please check to ensure that:

a) the downloads that were causing the issue are no longer causing an issue and
b) Check to make sure you have no other download or performance issues.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Thanks,
Chris