cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody else encountered corrupted HTTPS streams lately?

Re: Has anybody else encountered corrupted HTTPS streams lately?

Make that 65534 ports. It's too early for this.

My traceroute to the nokogiri download mirror isn't getting very far, but here's the four hops I do get before the probes get eaten:

traceroute to 23.235.44.249 (23.235.44.249), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets 
1  router.home.lan (192.168.1.1)  0.679 ms  0.939 ms  1.178 ms
2  100.64.122.9 (100.64.122.9)  4.412 ms  4.410 ms  4.644 ms
3  dpc6935193146.direcpc.com (69.35.193.146)  603.145 ms  603.422 ms  603.401 ms
4  dpc6935196058.direcpc.com (69.35.196.58)  603.406 ms  609.072 ms  603.659 ms

On the bright side, my latency has been really low the past few days. "really low" being relative, of course.

We could go back further. I have my Windows 95 install disks still. Smiley Wink But yes, I agree--this is something on HughesNet's side.
Alum

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot this. What many community members need to realize is that web acceleration is not actually supposed to be turned off for long periods of time. Typically when we suggest toggling this feature on or off, it is just that, a temporary troubleshooting method to rule out certain circumstances. However web acceleration should always be on, because when left off for long periods of time, the feature being turned off can potentially degrade your sites overall performance. 

Nonetheless, I've talked to a couple of engineers and they think it best that you call into our support center at 1-866-347-3292 so we can troubleshoot this live. Any other community members as well. The more cases regarding the same concern will get grouped and looked at much faster. This is the best way to get help with this specific concern. Your equipment and all other diagnostics are working normally. 

Thank you,
Chris
Honorary Alumnus

Hughes just doesn't realize the frustration with calling in with an issue.

There simply is no "progression". A point made is not carried forward to the next step. Its a lot like the movie Ground Hog Day.

The type of issue JT is having is so far beyond anything in The Sacred Script the he just as well (******** adjusts tin foil hat here *******) call the NSA which may very well be at the root of his issue   Smiley Happy

Associate Professor

Just because a terminals diagnostics come back clean, doesn't mean that a router somewhere in the Hughes infrastructure isn't acting up, or reporting back to engineering that it's acting up... Something is wrong if multiple users on that single beam report the same error.

So, I honestly don't see what Tier 1 - Tier 2 or so can do in this case? lol
New Poster

I thought this community was here so customers didnt have to call the overseas phone support, if thats not the case then hughes needs to move the call centers to the USA so we can at least understand what they are saying.
Assistant Professor

"Hello my name is Timothy".  (deep foreign accent)
Alum

Hi all,

This community is here to help customers with their HugheNet service if something is specifically wrong with their site(speeds, connectivity to the internet, etc). Jackson has no cases since becoming a customer in 2013. With no documentation other than my own and no trends from our call centers(concerning this) getting an engineer involved will be almost impossible. That is why I suggested calling in.

And FYI, we do have call centers here in the US. It just depends on how you are routed on the call. All of our agents are competent enough to help you if you give them a chance. I love this community and I am glad to offer my services to anyone. Just know there are things that do need to be done first for us to create some noise for you guys in the company lol.

- Chris

Hey Chris,

I actually have gone through tech support before (in 2013) to troubleshoot what I eventually discovered was the HT1000's very misbehaving DNS cache. Coincidentally, the cache seemed to be tweaked to be slightly less aggressive a few weeks later, so maybe it helped, I don't know. I may have a case number somwehere. I'll have to check what computer I was using regularly in 2013. (I did get a call back from Engineering...to tell me that the DNS cache couldn't be disabled.)

As for calling in, I'll have to do it on a day I have lots of free time.

I'm assuming chat is out of the option, because one thing I remember about the call was the modem rebooting. A lot.