cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody else encountered corrupted HTTPS streams lately?

Re: Has anybody else encountered corrupted HTTPS streams lately?

I want to dig out my old pFsense box and make it emulate 700ms + 0.x% packet loss to see how badly different operating system TCP stacks respond to such high latencies. I'd use Linux tc but I'm not in the mood to do all that by hand right now.
Associate Professor

Associate Professor

The OS might be fine with it, but I am sure certain network admins have played with things to reject high latency.  Though, it's usually game services that do that, and not websites, unless the website (Facebook perhaps?) is very time-sensitive.

Also, I have noticed TCP triggers bad quiet frequently, but doesn't trigger a state code or red X any on a terminal before.

I am sorta stuck on the packet shaping as being some form of bandwidth throttle that Hughes is using, or some form of load-balancing on the gateway level.  Could also, POSSIBLY, maybe(?) be that Hughes is using some form of QoS for TCP?

I remember having to convince server admins to set the max ping setting on a Quake III-based game to something higher than 600 so I could join the server to test my maps. That was fun...
Associate Professor

Heh, I was a game server admin for a few private servers, never raised my default ping cap of 400ms, though, I never had issues getting in. Smiley Happy

Could be QoS, I suppose. We'll have to wait until engineering chimes in.

If it was just me, I'd chalk it up to my terminal being weird and dropping packets, or something. But the fact that other people are having issues with the same files is concerning.

Sorry. Had to @JacksonTech.

http//cdninstructablescom/F4F/N22M/GZHJZKEP/F4FN22MGZHJZKEPLARGEjpg
Associate Professor
Alum

Hi JacksonTech,

Thank you for continuing to troubleshoot this. I have sent this up to our Senior support engineering team. I do not know how quickly we will hear back, however as soon as I get and update I will let you know. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help to address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris

Thanks Chris. Let me know if you need more information from me. I have access to a lot of diagnostics utilities (packet capture, etc) on my local equipment that most customers don't.