Hughesnet Community

Has anyone else having this problem when logging off Hughes email?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oletrapper
Freshman

Has anyone else having this problem when logging off Hughes email?

Getting this error when logging off Hughes email. Just chatted with support and she cut me off when I told her I was using Windows XP

Unrecognized redirect URI: http://home.myhughesnet.com

15 REPLIES 15
Liz

Good morning Oletrapper,

Thanks for posting, I've actually seen this before, but when clicking the Sign Out link in the top right corner of the HughesNet header. Let me inform our site devs about this. 

Also, Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP April 8, 2014. HughesNet also cannot provide much support with older operating systems; those systems are no longer getting security updates and are very susceptible to malware attacks. It's highly suggested to upgrade operating systems.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Oletrapper
Freshman

Thanks Liz, I have tried everything I know how. ie: rebooted pc, cleared cookies, refreshed Firefox and problem is still there. This started yesterday immediately prior to installing new HT1100 which you so graciously sent to me. It is still happening with the new HT1100.  Below is what is on URL line which I did not include in my first post. Hope that can help.
https://auth.getsatisfaction.com/logout?c2_redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fhome.myhughesnet.com
As far as upgrading beyond Windows XP, I simply don't have the money right now to buy a new PC. The Dell I am using can't be upgraded. 😞
Oletrapper
Freshman

Liz, I should have also stated that the logout is successful. I simply close out the tab where the error occurs and can log into new email from the homepage email button.
Liz

Thank you for confirming that you're still successfully able to log out. I find that the same happens when I reproduce the error message. If more information is needed from the devs, I will let you know. 

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Oletrapper
Freshman

Liz, Could it be something as simple as trying to redirect to a "URI" instead of a "URL". See error below:
Unrecognized redirect URI: http://home.myhughesnet.com
Liz

Good morning Oletrapper,

I just tried reproducing the error again this morning and now the error is gone. Curious, does the error still persist for you today?

-Liz

Oletrapper
Freshman

Yes Liz, It is still happening as of 4/26 6:56am.
Liz

OK thanks for the confirmation. I knew our devs were making adjustments last night, but I wasn't sure if they would have any effect on what you're seeing. Let me inform them of this update.

-Liz

Oletrapper
Freshman

Good morning Liz, Problem seems to be corrected. Also wanted to let you know that it seems the HT1100 has taken care of the email freezes. Thank you.  OT
Oletrapper
Freshman

Update: I may have spoken too soon. Just got the following when logging off. Log off was not successful. Thanks, OT
synacor

State information lost

We were unable to locate the state information for the current request.

Suggestions for resolving this problem:
  • Go back to the previous page and try again.
  • Close the web browser, and try again.
This error may be caused by:
  • Using the back and forward buttons in the web browser.
  • Opened the web browser with tabs saved from the previous session.
  • Cookies may be disabled in the web browser.
Report this error

If this problem persists, you can report it to the system administrators.

E-mail address:

Explain what you did when this error occured...

Synacor Service Provider

Liz

Good morning oletrapper,

Thank you for this update. I'm having trouble reproducing that error. Here are the steps I took, please let me know if it's any different from how you are logging in and logging out.
  • Visit http://home.myhughesnet.com/
  • Click on the E-mail icon: 
  • Sign in with my HughesNet account: 
  • Log out from webmail by clicking this Log Out icon in the top right corner:
If you are doing something differently, please let me know.

Thanks,
Liz

Oletrapper
Freshman

I do it the same. I have only received that message once.
Liz

OK, thanks for confirming. So are you saying that the Synacor error you reported earlier has not been persistent? You're logging out fine now with no issue?

-Liz

Oletrapper
Freshman

Yes, everything seems to be working.
Liz

Great, thanks for the clarification!

-Liz