cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever been happy with HughesNet?

Sophomore

Re: Has anyone ever been happy with HughesNet?

I've been having the same issues. Nothing good since September

Sophomore

How that Mary Poppins? You can seem average too
Capture.PNG

Sophomore

Thank you, Amanda, but no, I haven't recieved any updates. I was promised a call again from "an engineer"...that was overdue three days ago. They sent someone out two weeks ago to redirect my satellite dish to a different satellite and it's even worse. I just ask that HN does what they say...discounts of $20 don't help. I now use my Verizon hotspot to get quicker speeds...that is just sad. I realize this is my option today, but I am seriously looking at a $20k dollar expense to run fiber optic out here. 

Chad

Distinguished Professor IV

@NotHappy wrote:

How that Mary Poppins? You can seem average too
Capture.PNG

Since your reply to "Mary Poppins" is related to the request for proof of your claim that "dial up is faster than I get", or I assume that it is (it's hard to tell with no indication of who this reply is to), 2.1Mbps is about 52 times the speed of the average dialup of 40Kbps.  Your average of 4.3Mbps is about 107 times the speed of the average dialup.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

It seems you have a handle on the knowledge. I think HughesNet could use some help figuring out how to fulfill their promises. 

Sophomore

It is quite like browsing on dialup in the old days though. Modern websites are much more data hungry than they used to be and hughesnet's service doesn't keep up.

Tags (1)
Sophomore

@Amanda wrote:

Hi NotHappy,

HughesNet now has over 1 million customers across our Jupiter system. I would like to think that the majority of our customers are happy, otherwise I am not sure Liz and myself could handle responding to hundreds of thousands of people. 

Aside from that, I do understand you must feel very frustrated but we're making a stronger effort to communicate updates and resolutions with customers, like yourself, who have an open case. If you have not already, please check your e-mail address you have on file with us for any updates. Please let me know if you have not received one.

Thank you

Amanda

Out of curiousity how do you feel about nearly every review on Consumer Affairs' websitte being 1 out of 5 stars?

Distinguished Professor IV

@jcmipi wrote:

@Amanda wrote:

Hi NotHappy,

HughesNet now has over 1 million customers across our Jupiter system. I would like to think that the majority of our customers are happy, otherwise I am not sure Liz and myself could handle responding to hundreds of thousands of people. 

Aside from that, I do understand you must feel very frustrated but we're making a stronger effort to communicate updates and resolutions with customers, like yourself, who have an open case. If you have not already, please check your e-mail address you have on file with us for any updates. Please let me know if you have not received one.

Thank you

Amanda

Out of curiousity how do you feel about nearly every review on Consumer Affairs' websitte being 1 out of 5 stars?

Considering the fact that the vast majority of companies rated on sites that don't actively solicit reviews are rated from not good to absolutely awful, Amanda probably feels the same way as just about anyone else that takes that into account, which is that, though not good, it doesn't really say a whole lot.  People who are unhappy about a product or service are exponentially more likely to take the time out of their day to share their feelings than people who are satisfied or very happy with a product or service.  Not only that, but you also have to take the ratings/reviews that are based on problems that actually have nothing to do with the service and throw them out the window, and the percentage of those is not exactly low.    

No company has a 100% satisfactory rating, and when a site is, by nature, mostly going to attract those that are disgruntled, the overall rating has to be taken with a large grain of salt.  Heck, a bovine salt lick, for that matter.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

When this latest advertising blitz began in my area the signs soliciting customers didn't even say who was providing the internet. Guess the Hughesnet name is poison.