cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone who won in the photo contest had their complimentary service started?

Tutor

Has anyone who won in the photo contest had their complimentary service started?

HughesNet chat has not idea how my complimentary service billing will be handled. I am out of contract in November. That is when my free years of service should kick in for winning prizes in the photo contest. However my conversation today leaves me confused. I started a chat session to see what my projected bill would be. I mean if I am getting free service then there is no bill. If there is no bill there should not be all the taxes and such associated with a bill. However my conversation today gives me no clue as to how it will be handled. Please tell me how this will be handled. Below is the transcript to prove what the tech replied to me.

Time of chat: 10/19/2014 4:20:27 PM
Length of chat: 00:27:04
Your Name: Ricky
Chatted with: Amber Sullivan    
4:20 PM Amber Sullivan: Hello, Ricky. Thank you for contacting HughesNet Support. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you today.
4:20 PM Ricky: Hello
4:21 PM Amber Sullivan: Pleased to meet you, Ricky. I am Amber. I understand that you are inquiring about your bill, is that correct?
4:21 PM Ricky: Yes.
4:21 PM Ricky: 1st when does my bill cycle?
4:21 PM Amber Sullivan: I can address your all of your concern. In case I need to, I will be asking a few questions to better assist you. Is that okay?
4:22 PM Ricky: k
4:22 PM Amber Sullivan: Thank you. I am currently reviewing your records and while so, just to make sure that we have your updates contact information. Could you please provide me the best number we can reach you at.
4:22 PM Ricky: Personal information edited out.
4:22 PM Amber Sullivan: Thank you for the information.
4:24 PM Amber Sullivan: I have pull up and verified your account and I do see that your bill generates every 20th day of the month.
4:25 PM Ricky: When it cycles tomorrow will that bill be for November?
4:26 PM Amber Sullivan: Tomorrow's bill will cover 10/20/2014 to 11/20/2014. 4:27 PM Ricky: Okay, so my next bill will be 0.00, correct?
4:27 PM Ricky: I mean the one after the one that generates tomorrow.
4:28 PM Amber Sullivan: The next bill will covers 11/20/2014 to 12/20/2014. 4:28 PM Ricky: So what is my projected cost for that period?
4:29 PM Amber Sullivan: If you will not be changing anything on your account your monthly bill will be $98.28.
4:30 PM Ricky: Uh oh. We have a problem. Case #42909491
4:31 PM Amber Sullivan: Let me review that case number. Thank you.
4:32 PM Amber Sullivan: I do see that the case number you have provided is about the Photo contest, is that right?
4:32 PM Ricky: Yes
4:36 PM Amber Sullivan: Please bear with me, I am exhausting my resources to properly address your concern. Thank you.
4:37 PM Amber Sullivan: I am still checking, Ricky.
4:37 PM Ricky: Oh come on. How hard can it be. You already know I have won a contest prize. 2 free years of service. My question is when I get the complimentary years service then there is no bill. If there is no bill there will not be any taxes or other charges. Correct?
4:39 PM Amber Sullivan: Do you still have the email that you received, Ricky?, we really would like to have your issue resolved.
4:39 PM Ricky: I am sure I do as well as the letter that came with my gift cards. 4:41 PM Amber Sullivan: Please fax us the letter that you got at 585-419-3727, you will be receiving a callback one we got the letter.
4:42 PM Ricky: Oh heck no. I will address this in the community.

There was a bit more but not much. It seems the representatives are not even sure how it will be handled. Heck she may not even believe me since she asked for a copy of my letter even though I gave her the case number and she knew what it was about. So I ask again. What can I expect for a bill, if any at all? After all if there is no bill for service you can't tax it or add other charges. What is the deal or is Hughesnet going to give us winners the run around again? Notice her language in several replies. Seems she does not even speak or at least write good English. Guess that should have been a clue as to if I were to get a answer.
5 REPLIES 5
Assistant Professor

Re: Has anyone who won in the photo contest had their complimentary service started?

Ricky, the prize still has a monetary value and believe taxes have to be paid. May be wrong.
I think legally even those who won IPads are supposed to pay a tax.
Tutor

Re: Has anyone who won in the photo contest had their complimentary service started?

I figured that would be the case but just wanted clarification. Hope this isn't one of them questions I ask that never gets answered.

Hi Ricky,

Thank you for posting. Your complimentary years of service covers your service fee. This does not cover your lease fee and lease tax, nor your Express Repair fee, so you will continue to see those charges on your bill.

If you have additional questions, please let us know, we’re happy to address them.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Tutor

Thanks for the reply Liz. I pretty much knew the answer but heck you can't blame a man for trying.

You're welcome, Ricky. 

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->