cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the service ever been under attack by a denial of service raid?

Has the service ever been under attack by a denial of service raid?

Seeing the reports of the obvious trap you call a quality internet service, a question has been going though my head: Has the people that you have conned over actually tried to take it into their own hands for a shot of justice? Would hughesnet be prepared for dos in the future?
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Has the service ever been under attack by a denial of service raid?

I never really understood why, when hackers band together and take down something they don't like because of a flaw, or in this case, a scam. Why don't they attack it and make it better? Max out the data cap and speed, so that way eveyone can benefit lol. Or like the Home Depot attack. Instead of taking money from everyone's debit card, how about adding some? Not like they have to use their own money to do it. In a computer its just numbers. Just add a few ya know. Check it out.
Alum

Hello Frank,

Welcome to the community and thank you for the post! The community is here for you to support issues, questions and suggestions that enhance the overall HughesNet service experience.

Please let us know if you have any specific questions, ideas or suggestions to add or share with us!

We are here to help you.

- Warren

I had  been told I must upgrade to keep my service. Warren said Hughes would simply repoint  my 'dish'. WRONG! Tech guy came out said I'm already 'pointed' to where they want me to be. I have no recourse but to find another provider. I feel really 'scammed'..  This is nothing short of ridiculous!

Hello Beverly,

If you're currently a 9200 customer on AMC15 and the tech was not able to get a line of sight for the required repoint, we may have to look into upgrading your equipment. We'll pass on your information to a case manager here to work something out with you.

Thanks,
Amanda

I don't understand the technology part but the tech said I was already at the required repoint position... I'm hoping something can indeed be worked out. I'll be waiting to hear from someone at Hughes. Thank You!

Hi Beverly,

Our management team attempted to reach out to you. A direct line will be on your voicemail, but they will try to call again tomorrow at an earlier time!

Thanks
Amanda

Sorry,  Have not been at home. Unfortunately the telephone number that was left on my answering machine is not toll free. I'm unable to make toll calls, calls outside of my area code, from home phone. Hopefully they'll call again when I'm home...
Highlighted

Beverly,

To avoid "phone tag" - would it be easier to correspond through email? If so, send us one with your name to communitysupport@hughes.com

Thank you
Amanda