cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the way Tokens are used been changed ?

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Has the way Tokens are used been changed ?

Thanks for the update Liz.

I just love analogies ...... this is my take on Liz's description:

I have a large piece of Beef (dead cow $$$) on my plate. As long as it remains on the plate, I'm good to go, I AM a Beef Owner.

However, if I carve off a 500 MB chunk of Beef and begin chewing it, well Buddy, you BETTER finish before you slice off another.

Does everyone  realize that Thursday is Friday Eves Day ?

Clear as a bell !!!  unfortunately, !!!!!  for some people !!!!
Honorary Alumnus

Gary, at times its the only way to keep track of certain topics.

Assistant Professor

Guess I'm still confused. From my experience if you "use" a token it goes into the Token Bytes Available bucket regardless if in FAP and draws from there. Any remaining at refill time stays there. Has this changed? I haven't been in FAP for some time.

Just like Gwalk's 19.5GB. If he were to go into FAP and start drawing from it, any remaining at refill would still be there. Maybe I'm not grasping what you are saying Liz. Wouldn't be a fist.  Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Never heard of Friday Eves Day....what is it?
Assistant Professor

Today.

Naw i did not , thanks, for that there 90% of a token gone that you did not eat !!! that's what Hughes-Net going to say to the customer  when they ask  where the data they paid for, went to . !!!!!  and a more than a few  angry customers, i see in our future !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Honorary Alumnus

Well Jezra, there's more where that came from (both Tokens & Customers)

Ya know at first I though ... This just has to be a "Glitch", now after reading Liz's response, no Glitch. I feel a Disturbance In the Farce !

It is like currently I have 700k of unused tokens so if I use up daily allotment and start to use token bytes available then if I only use say 50k then I will loose 650k when it is recharged at the beginning of the cycle.  If that isn't stealing then what the heck is it?
Assistant Professor

So, buy a token ahead of time if you think you going into FAP, use it, then any left at refill will carry over?
The trick is to buy and use ahead of FAP?