cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Gen 4 speeds are so slow we could not stream anything if we wanted to.

Highlighted

Have Gen 4 speeds are so slow we could not stream anything if we wanted to.

Have Gen 4 speeds are so slow we could not stream anything if we wanted to. Always run out of bandwidth but never get to user only minimal sloooow internet which apparently takes up all my band with just loading. I hate this so much if I had any other option i would be gone!!!!!
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Have Gen 4 speeds are so slow we could not stream anything if we wanted to.

Hello Ellen,

I see this is your first time here, so welcome to our community. We were able to locate your account and review the notes from some previous chat sessions you have had with us. I see you are using a DirecTv Genie, which when connected to the internet, will use alot of data for streaming services. Much like the Roku, this device can request an internet connection from your HughesNet service about every 10 minutes, causing data to deplete very quickly.

The last time we heard from you concerning your data allowance was in March, during your 30 day trial period. After looking into your system, I can see the reason for the slow speeds, which is that your anytime data allowance is empty. As you are a new customer, I can recommend using our website to track your usage, download our status meter and use tokens to get you back up to speed. Please let us know if there is some way we can assist.

Thank you
Amanda
New Poster

Re: Have Gen 4 speeds are so slow we could not stream anything if we wanted to.

This is very true about the DirectTv Genie I would recommend you disconnect it when not in use.