Have to move dish on roof.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Camaro68
New Poster

Have to move dish on roof.

Due to construction and interference, I have to move my dish further up the roof about 5 feet.  I measured and put it in the same orientation as it was but now I seem to have lost alighment with the satilite.  Is there anyway to access a signal strength realtime measurement to help realign the dish?  I can't even find a signal strength in the System Control Center.  This is a HT2000W by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Never move a satellite dish without first contacting the company responsible for the dish.

The best information I can give you for that is to navigate to the Advanced page of your HT2000w, click Installation, then click Install, and do a Re-Install...  That is the only way to get "real-time" numbers, which are still delayed by just a few seconds.

However, I highly suggest not doing this...  Whether you point at the right satellite to get a signal is up in the air.  Even if you manage to point at the right one, if you mess up your LAT/LONG entries, or if your HT2000w was setup with a beam over-ride then it still wont work.  There are also SBC Config files that *might* need updating on your terminal that only a technician can do.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14