cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haven’t had internet for months

Freshman

Haven’t had internet for months

So, I’ve had issues for like 3 or 4 months now. I haven’t had any internet at all however I’ve left my modem plugged in just “in case” it started to work again. I had a tech out here about 6 months ago and I was told my dish needed to be realigned. Well he ended up replacing the entire dish. Problem solved. Then a month or so later, all my lights went out with the exception of “Power LAN and WiFi” the other 3 are dark. I’ve tried to reinstall it on the systemcontroller page. But on the home page it says “Once your installer has activated your modem, you will be able to complete your Service Activation and go online.” I’ve had this service for like a year and a half so I don’t know why it’s telling that it hasn’t been activated, but hey. Just want to let any reps know that I don’t want an appointment scheduled because I have a very busy schedule so if an appointment needs to be made I’ll have to call in Personally and make it. Oh and I just paid my bill yesterday, and I’m down to like 60 percent anytime data. Absolutely no clue how, I haven’t even messed with my router until about an hour ago. So yeah. I need this fixed. Preferably remotely.
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Haven’t had internet for months

@NickDalton625 

Did a phone rep instruct you to try reinstalling the modem from the System Control Center?  

Regarding the data showing 60%, it's very possible that it's showing the data as it was when the modem last had a connection.  If the modem can't connect to the servers, the data won't reset.  It's the same if you were to unplug the modem and keep it unplugged for months.  If you used your cell phone and the mobile app to check your data, it would keep showing the same amount that was left of your data when you unplugged the modem, and wouldn't update until the modem was plugged back in.  Even though yours is plugged in, if it can't communicate it's likely doing the same thing, in that the system can't update your data to reflect the new data month.    

Hopefully a rep will reply later today to try to figure out what's going on.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Good morning NickDalton625, 

Thanks for posting and providing details. I pulled up your account and am not able to run diagnostics on your site; there's no connectivity to your modem from here. Our only option is to have a tech on site to restore service. Per your request I created a work order, but I did not schedule you for any particular slot. Your assigned local dealer will reach out to you so you can discuss scheduling on your terms. Whenever the site visit happens, I hope it goes well!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

I just got off work, I checked my modem and it came unplugged. Go ahead and try to run a diagnostic test again, and see if anything comes back. I’m really hoping it’s something I can do without a tech visit.

Good morning NickDalton625, 

Thanks for letting me know. I just tried to run diagnostics and there's still no communication to your modem. As noted in my last post, you already have a work order created, so once a local dealer is assigned to you, they will reach out to you for scheduling an appointment.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->