Having problems at night

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrgarrett
Sophomore

Having problems at night

I have been noticing for the last week or so around... 8pm or 9pm, I get random diagnostic codes like.. 0000-4000-0400-0043. Around that time the internet is really unstable.. It shows that it is an uplink issue. I am hoping that it is nothing serious because I am on a fixed income and cannot afford a service call or a service fee. I am hoping it is related to the holidays. DSS33507385 Thanks, Jerry.

---------------------------------------------------------------
System Level Diagnostics
--------------------------------------------------------------- Monitoring interval 12/30/2016 02:00:05 - 12/30/2016 03:00:05 Problem(s) Detected [*** - Triggering Statistic(s)] Uplink Overall BAD Uplink BAD TCP Acceleration BAD --------------------------------------------------------------- Uplink Diagnostic Statistics --------------------------------------------------------------- Status BAD Packets Dropped 6334(20.20%) BAD *** --------------------------------------------------------------- TCP Acceleration Diagnostic Statistics --------------------------------------------------------------- Status BAD PBP SACKs Received 1018(4.49%) BAD PBP Packets Retransmitted 3076(13.55%) BAD TCP Packets Retransmitted 8322(7.02%) BAD PEP Outage Time: 0 % PEP Helper Stats: MAX LLRTT BB# 0 Packets Transmitted 22697 Packets Received 102593 TCP Packets Received 74337 TCP Packets Transmitted 118534 Num of Spoofed Conns 2461 --------------------------------------------------------------- RTT Diagnostic Statistics ---------------------------------------------------------------
30 REPLIES 30
Liz

Good morning jrgarrett,

Thanks for posting, we'd like to help address your concerns. Are you saying that around 8-9 pm you lose internet connectivity periodically? Is this still happening now? Does this still happen while directly connected to your HughesNet modem?

If you lose connectivity, please visit 192.168.0.1 in your browser to check your System Status. Click on System Status and let me know what state code you get.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

jrgarrett
Sophomore

I don't totally lose my connection.. But it can get very unstable, almost like cutting in and out or corrupting downloads.. It happens every night between  8PM AND 9PM.. Same diag code everytime.. Refers to an Uplink Error.
jrgarrett
Sophomore

During the day I get a normal code of  0000-0000-0000-0005
jrgarrett
Sophomore

... And yes it happens connected  directly to the Modem, Rebooting does not help at those times.. Before 8PM and after 10:00PM it works like Normal.. No Errors.
Liz

Hi jrgarrett,

I was referring to the State Code, not the diagnostic codes:

In any case, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for Thursday, Jan 5, 2017 between 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM, our earliest available slot.

Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #102158232 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes. 

Thanks, 
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

jrgarrett
Sophomore

I cannot afford a service call. the state codes are usually normal, just the diag codes.
jrgarrett
Sophomore

------------------  Diagnostics Code(s)  -------------------  Diagnostic Code computed over : 3 intervals    Diagnostic Code(s): (most recent first)    1. 0000-0000-0016-3846 (18:00:02 : 22:00:03)  2. 0000-0000-0000-0005 (16:00:02 : 19:00:02)  3. 0000-0000-0000-0005 (13:00:02 : 16:00:02)  4. 0000-0000-0000-0005 (10:00:01 : 13:00:02)  5. 0000-0000-0000-0005 (07:00:01 : 10:00:01)  6. 0000-0000-0000-0005 (04:00:01 : 07:00:01)  7. 0000-4000-0400-0002 (01:00:00 : 04:00:01)  8. 0000-0000-0400-0041 (22:00:00 : 01:00:00)
jrgarrett
Sophomore

State code is 0.0.0
Liz

The site visit is free, no worries.

-Liz

jrgarrett
Sophomore

Ok Thanks!
jrgarrett
Sophomore

Ok the tech was here and said everything is fine on my end.
Liz

OK thank you for the update. The tech was instructed to and should have replaced your modem and the radio on the dish arm. How is your internet browsing now while connected directly to the HughesNet modem?

-Liz

jrgarrett
Sophomore

He Did not change out anything. He said the problem was on your end.. He said the equipment was all good..
Liz

I see. Thank you for this update. I'll have to escalate this to our installation department, as I specifically said to replace the modem and radio, regardless of functionality. 

I'm sorry for this, I want to eliminate the equipment as a possible cause for concern before I escalate to our corporate engineers. Once there's an update on this situation, I will let you know.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

jrgarrett
Sophomore

I am not complaining because most of the time there is no problems with the service.. Only a couple hours at night..
jrgarrett
Sophomore

All he done besides answering questions and talking about the new internet that is coming was take pictures.
Liz

That's good to hear. It sounds more like congestion, considering this is only happening at night. I had another customer recently who also complained of degraded performance starting last week or so and then ending yesterday. His case was more severe, so there were signs in our diagnostics indicating that it was indeed due to congestion typical of the holiday season.

I just wanted to be thorough and get your equipment replaced to improve on one stat that's currently OK, but could be better. Then I would have my engineer ensure there's nothing on our side that could be contributing to your night time concern.

I'll update you once I hear back from installation. It's late in the day so I may not get a response until tomorrow.

-Liz

jrgarrett
Sophomore

Thanks
jrgarrett
Sophomore

It is still acting goofy at night... It is probably like you mentioned before.. Congestion. I will just try not to download anything between 8pm and 9pm. current diag code is:
0000-0000-0000-0049
Liz

I see. Well, installations got back to me and they'll have a tech back out to do as I initially instructed--replace the modem and radio. Your local dealer may reach out to schedule a visit. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
Liz