Heads up: SDO gateway having issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Heads up: SDO gateway having issues

It seems the SDO gateway may be having issues. I'm getting State Code 12.1.12 SCMA transmission error rate is high. 

I imagine it's affecting everyone on the SDO gateway. Anyone else here on SDO and seeing similar state codes?

14 REPLIES 14
MarkJFine
Professor

Will likely see any of the following transmission errors:

Amongst other things related to TCP and Web acceleration, as well as gateway acquisition - all related to any of the above.

Edit: Should point out this may be isolated to Beam 068. Apparently Beam 066 isn't having these problems.

Edit 2: Of course this would be happening on a Friday evening, during a lockdown.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

@MarkJFine wrote:

Edit 2: Of course this would be happening on a Friday evening, during a lockdown.

While in the middle of a pandemic. Trifecta. 

maratsade

It appears that it's fixed for me. How about on your end, @MarkJFine ?

Had a TCP error earlier this morning, but it didn't last long.

Just wondering if this is the new normal during extreme overload conditions.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Just got a 12.1.12, so... not fixed

maratsade

I'd say chances are good this is the new normal.  Hopefully a finite thing, but who knows, except for The Shadow? 

EDIT:  And I for one would like to thank the unknown workers who stay on top of these things and fix them. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Had a TCP error earlier this morning, but it didn't last long.

Just wondering if this is the new normal during extreme overload conditions.

Hi folks,

I haven't seen reports from engineering regarding any service degradation over the weekend. Is it persisting up to now? 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

It's all normal for me, went back to normal after about an hour. Thanks for checking, @Liz 

Last issue here was a short 4' blip on the 4th:

12.1.12 236004/04/2020 13:13:5004/04/2020 13:17:50

This (as well as TLS issues) may be happening again on SDO68. Noticed problems starting around 6am EDT this morning with a lot of dropped packets, etc.

maratsade

I'm getting a lot of connection and reset errors.

@MarkJFine wrote:

This (as well as TLS issues) may be happening again on SDO68. Noticed problems starting around 6am EDT this morning with a lot of dropped packets, etc.

@maratsade wrote:

I'm getting a lot of connection and reset errors.

That'd be it. So, whatever was affecting Boise, et. al. is now plaguing San Diego.

Check that... GUESS WHO!!! 

The graph seems to start right around the time that the problems started this morning.

maratsade

Century Link? No! Surely you jest. LOL

@MarkJFine wrote:

Check that... GUESS WHO!!! 

The graph seems to start right around the time that the problems started this morning.