cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up: SDO gateway having issues

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Heads up: SDO gateway having issues

It seems the SDO gateway may be having issues. I'm getting State Code 12.1.12 SCMA transmission error rate is high. 

I imagine it's affecting everyone on the SDO gateway. Anyone else here on SDO and seeing similar state codes?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Heads up: SDO gateway having issues

Will likely see any of the following transmission errors:

Amongst other things related to TCP and Web acceleration, as well as gateway acquisition - all related to any of the above.

Edit: Should point out this may be isolated to Beam 068. Apparently Beam 066 isn't having these problems.

Edit 2: Of course this would be happening on a Friday evening, during a lockdown.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

@MarkJFine wrote:

Edit 2: Of course this would be happening on a Friday evening, during a lockdown.

While in the middle of a pandemic. Trifecta. 

Highlighted

It appears that it's fixed for me. How about on your end, @MarkJFine ?

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Had a TCP error earlier this morning, but it didn't last long.

Just wondering if this is the new normal during extreme overload conditions.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Just got a 12.1.12, so... not fixed

Highlighted

I'd say chances are good this is the new normal.  Hopefully a finite thing, but who knows, except for The Shadow? 

EDIT:  And I for one would like to thank the unknown workers who stay on top of these things and fix them. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Had a TCP error earlier this morning, but it didn't last long.

Just wondering if this is the new normal during extreme overload conditions.

Highlighted

Hi folks,

I haven't seen reports from engineering regarding any service degradation over the weekend. Is it persisting up to now? 

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

It's all normal for me, went back to normal after about an hour. Thanks for checking, @Liz 

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Last issue here was a short 4' blip on the 4th:

12.1.12 236004/04/2020 13:13:5004/04/2020 13:17:50