Help me cannot wait a week for repairman

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgd
New Poster

Help me cannot wait a week for repairman

god save me from Hughes. Intermittent connection problems this winter, Stsate code 2.1.1, 'oudoor unit problem', Dx code 0027, "no connectivity", **bleep** State Code 21.12 FAP State code 24.1.2, moem lights that work : power, Lan, Wifi--that's it.

fortunately, it was self correcting within a few hours, that is previous to June 7 when it did not. Called in, case #129936882, transferred to another guy, case # 130396305, says tech will call tomorrow morning. Took the day off work, but nobody called, ever, but it self corrected again. So I let it be until yesterday, June 27. 1530 hours, same above problems and codes, waited 5 hs, finally called Hughes, gave me a repair date 7 days away, July 2, case#130396305. **bleep**? His name was Ed, and he had no idea after checking the previous case from 3 weeks earlier why nobody from Hughes ever contacted me.Hughes the World Leader? The tech lives 30 mins from me. And Hughes wants me to pay to replace their rented equipment, the 2nd time one of their Modems have failed leaving me out--I have the phone unit also, so no phone either. 

If there is a normal person at Hughes who cares and doesn't want another customer to go elsewhere, please send a voicemail only to [removed to protect privacy]. i do not get a cell signal at my place but I'll get your voice mail when i go to town in Central, very populated, Illinois, 2 Miles from I-80, not like I am in the middle of the desert so I must wait for a week till we can get a stagecoach out to you. Service at Hughes is atrocious. Voicemail is the only way Hughes can currently reach me for updates of this current disaster

I'll worry about my bill later, I see Hughes has without cause for the 4th time in two years once again increased my monthly GUARANTEED fee by $40. That'll be another 20 minute call and another for the 4th time "we are so sorry, our mistake" bull **bleep** call.

For now, i need to gt a tech out there to replace Hughes modem which i have paid for twice over on my rental agreement as soon as possible, not a friggin week later. 

Time to look for the competition. Hughes is a trip, a bad one.

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I suggest that for security reasons you edit out your phone number from your post. The reps here can find it if they need it, or can ask you to send it to them privately. EDIT: to edit a post, click the 3 vertical dots. 

They will not call you, though. They will contact you via this forum, and if necessary via private post. They are on site M-F during business hours, so the earliest you will hear will be tomorrow. 

dear distinguished: No computer scammer is going to decipher that phone number as written. And no, Hughes does not have that number, they only have the number they gave me when i got their phone service, which also, like my wifi, does not work due to their 2nd junk Modem. The only way i can be contacted by hughes is via the number i gave here which i don't care about and only if Hughes leaves a voice mail so i can get the message when I am in range.

Are you also trying to say the facts as I laid out above are indicative of good customer service on Hughes' part?

There's someone like you on every board I have ever engaged.  

maratsade

Dear New, 

Suit yourself. 

GabeU

@dgd wrote:

There's someone like you on every board I have ever engaged. 

And, unfortunately, there's occasionally someone like you here, as in the one who feels their issue related anger gives them the right to be completely rude and disrespectful to the one person who chooses to look past the incredibly ill mannered nature of their opening post in order to give advice that not only helps to keep that person safe, but also informs them of the next steps in the process of getting help.  

Your response was pompous and unjustified.

Good day to you.

grrbrts
New Poster

I am going through the same thing! They change the ip address so that one is not able to login to the system control center. Even when admin is entered, the ip addres changes to an unscure ip address. What gives? I have spent over $300.00 in the past month or so, and noneo the issues have benfixed!

GabeU

@grrbrts 

Your apparent complaint has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's.  If you need help with something, please start your own topic in the appropriate section and describe your issue.

For reference, accessing the System Control Center is accomplished by everyone in the same way, at 192.168.0.1 or www.systemcontrolcenter.com.  That has not changed for many years.

Liz

Hi dgd,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We can certainly address your concerns. I've pinged our field services department to see if we can bump your July 2 appointment to something sooner. I'll post back once I have any news for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!