cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with email support request

Highlighted
Freshman

Help with email support request

If I select Billing or Tech Support from their support page, then select Other and fill in the required information, any attempt to then click the "Email Us" link results in:

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox and two different Mac computers. 

Either they don't support Macintosh for support requests, or they have some type of server bug.

Anyone else encounter this?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Help with email support request

Reps,

I submitted both Tech Support and Billing Support requests using the email option and they both went through.  I did not get the 404 error.  I stated in the submissions that they were only for testing purposes.  This was using a Windows 10 computer and Chrome.  I don't know if this info will help to narrow down what may be causing the issue for montylee, but the more info the better.      

@Liz

@Amanda

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@montylee

I'm not familiar with Macs, but there are two things I would try in the meantime.  The first is power cycling the modem, which is basically unplugging it, either at the wall outlet or power brick (NOT at the back of the modem), waiting 30 seconds, then plugging it back in.  Then wait five minutes and try again.  The second thing I would try would be flushing the DNS cache, but I don't know how to do that on a Mac.  If you know how to, I would give it a try to see if it makes any difference.  I don't know that it will, but it might.  Sometimes flushing the DNS cache can fix a slew of things.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

I agree that PC users seem not to have the problem, which is why I said it might be a MacOS issue. I've recycled the modem already, flushed the cache, and done most every typical troubleshooting. This is why I tried another Mac (MacBook Pro) and got the same problem (running 10.13 versus 10.12 in my desktop).

After further testing with a local tech expert and he had the same problem, it boils down to lack of Mac support by HughesNet for their form, or blocking by HughesNet of the internet service provider. I will test the latter tomorrow when I take my laptop in and go to the library and use their WiFi connection (different service provider).

Distinguished Professor IV

@Liz

@Amanda

Any ideas?  

I just didn't want this thread to get lost in the fold.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi montylee,

We have Apple devices in our lab that can be used to try and recreate this. I'll send this over to the testing team and let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Amanda

Hi montylee,

I've replied to another thread you started addressing both this and another concern: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Support-page-operating-system-Customer-Care/m-p/9914...

Thanks

Amanda