cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here is the picture I took.

New Poster

Re: Here is the picture I took.

I did try to connect directly to the modem and it still worked the same. Not on line. So sorry for all this problem, I only want to get online and be responsible for using it right. I read all the stuff you all write and so now I turn off the Internet when we are through with it. It has been working great, then it started doing this. Hope for getting this worked out.
New Poster

The person that set up my router was the guy that installed my Hughsnet.
Assistant Professor

Do you have a spare cable to try, it might be bad? It could be your modem, will let Chris take over from here.
New Poster

I have Netgrear R6300 smart WiFi Router. AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit. I got it this last year 2015.

I know one of you has the pic on file for what the back of the Hughes modem should like with the cables plugged in, might help OP to post it.
Alum

Hi shaniboot,

From the picture you posted I see that you are connected via WiFi. Please connect your HughesNet modem only/directly to one laptop or desktop. Remove the Netgear router out of the equation. It should look something like this:

Once you have done this, you should type in the URL bill posted on the computer that is attached to the Modem. If you try to click on that link with a computer that is not connected through HughesNet it will say not available mainly due to the fact that the SCC is opening up the software installed on the modem. When in the SCC, you should then see some information on what maybe causing no connection to occur. 

I am also still seeing our diagnostics come back with no LAN cable attached. Which means you have no Ethernet cord attached to the modem, or the Ethernet that is attached has gone bad. Please try what has been suggested and get back with us as soon as you can.

Thank you,
Chris
New Poster

Thank you all for the help you gave me on Dec.14th.  Today I got online after giving up since the 14th and it came online for us. We have been sick for these few days and didn't do anything for it.  Must of been bad clouds or something.  I just wanted to thank you all for the input to me.It did help me to understand more about what is going on.  Thank you for being here to help.  ShaniBooT
Alum

Hi shaniboot,

You're welcome, if you have anymore questions or concerns feel free to let us know. 

- Chris