cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again......

Freshman

Here we go again......

Below is my previous post regarding the problems that I had in December.when a tech finally came out after two weeks of trying to get it fixed on here and on the phone. He said I needed a new dish. "they never came back and changed it out" after that the speeds did come back to normal for a whole 2 months. Now the good old hughes net is back to it's lovely 156kb/s downloads since friday afternoon. I have a series of programming exams due sunday night. this needs addressed asap. and yes I have done everything on my end to make sure its not me or the equipment. Here is the latest and greates speed test that i drained another 250 mb on  https://testmy.net/quickstats/Doblin.

As you can see whatever was done when the tech called hughes net in December my speeds were greatly improved even with not replacing the dish like they said they would since its not a gen 5 dish. My amazing video of the customer service rep from december can always still be uploaded to youtube for anyones viewing pleasure.

"MY DECEMBER 2018 post"

Good morning everyone! 

Im inquiring about a problem that started about a week ago. Our internet speeds have came to a crawl every day around 3-4 in the afternoon and the download speeds dont increase back to normal untill around after midnight or later. After that the speeds resume back to normal till 3-4 the next day. The cycle has been repeating itself. I have 18 gigs of anytime data left. 

Things I have done

Power cycled modem numerous times

Checked satelite for damage or misallignment

checked ip configurations

changed some dns numbers around to googles dns

checked cables going to modem

insured modem is plugged into wall not outlet

checked drivers on all of my laptops and checked status of wifi information on my smartphones

turnd ivp 6 off completely

turned firewall off, made sure modem was plugged in to laptop.

Here are my speed test i performed for roughly a 30 hour period

ran last speed test with all ssid tabs on each channel disabled and saved . 

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Doblin   

6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Here we go again......

@Dawn-Keyballs 

Unfortunately, the reps aren't usually on during the weekends, so the earliest one will most likely reply is Monday.  Once in a while there is one, though there are no guarantees.

Your best option right now, at least with the situation you're in regarding your programming exams, is to call customer service, as it's likely that this is the only way to get a HughesNet rep to investigate before Monday.  Chat and email are an option, as well.  

The only thing I could suggest to try is something connected via LAN (vs WiFi), though you may have already tried that.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Freshman

Yea i have Gabe, i just dread talking to outsourced tech support thousands of miles away when their going to ask me to do everything that I already have done. I made a great video of it last time. Ill probably just drive 30 minutes to the closest mcdonalds and use their wifi for my tests Sunday.

Freshman

Here is the latest rounds of speed test done multiple times through friday to this morning. Dish needs replaced or moved. Im on beam 49.

https://testmy.net/quickstats/Doblin

Good morning Dustin,

Thanks for providing your testmy.net results, this is helpful. I pulled up your account to investigate and I see that you are pending a callback regarding the next steps for resolution, per this morning's phone conversation. Please let me know if you're called back during your preferred time frame tomorrow morning to address your concerns.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Dustin,

In order to address your concerns in a more timely manner, I've gone ahead and dispatched a tech to replace your dish. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Mar 7, 2019 between 11:00 AM-02:00 PM . Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #118873502 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Good morning Dustin,

Just checking in on your site and I see that the tech has already successfully replaced your dish last week. If you have any other concerns drop by the community again, we're here to help.

Thanks,
Liz