cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hidden Network

Assistant Professor

Re: Hidden Network

@maratsade

May have to click the Scan button, wait, and repeat until it shows. I think it just goes on periodically and you have to catch it at the right time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

I did click the Scan button, but only one time.  I'll try scanning a few times to summon the malevolent hidden network. Smiley Happy  I understand after that there's no going back, and doom is certain to come. Smiley Happy

Assistant Professor

@maratsade

Cybermen! Lol... I like your style.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

cyberman.jpg

They're watching!

Professor

OK, so, multple scans until Cthulhu popped in to tell me to quit it.   No hidden network shows up, even though it shows up on the list of networks on my Windows machine.  I guess the Mac is not picking it up. 

Cthulhu.jpg

Assistant Professor

@maratsade

I'm like 3' from the modem so that could be it. I probably should go direct wired, but I hate those thunderbolt-to-ethernet adaptors - they get pretty hot!

Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

Popeyes is a bit heavy for me.

Closer in to DC there are a lot of Chilean and Peruvian chicken places and they are awesome. You haven't lived until you've had half an Andean chicken breast with fried plantain.

I love fried plantain. Could that be added to the hidden network?  (OMG, I just realized what the hidden network is. Hughes is creating its own dark web).

Professor

@GabeU wrote:

Ah.  I used to live in Manassas, but moved away in early 2000.  The area wasn't quite as built up then, espcially Gainesville.  They had a few things there, but I know it's gotten MUCH bigger since then and there's a lot more to do, including the increase in types of restaurants.  

Would love to go back there one day, if nothing more than to visit.  

Manassas is huge these days.

Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

When was the last time you were given notice of an update and what was in that update.

Does it help you to know that I was formerly in the cyber security buisness for a major defense contractor and I'm still telling you there's no issue?

I think it's likely to make the user even more nervous.... Are you part of this evil, Mark? ARE YOU???  Smiley Happy

Professor

@MarkJFine wrote:

@maratsade

I'm like 3' from the modem so that could be it. I probably should go direct wired, but I hate those thunderbolt-to-ethernet adaptors - they get pretty hot!

Ditto. I bought one of those adaptors and don't like it at all.