Hidden Network

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lake_woman
Senior

Hidden Network

This is probebly crazy, but I'll ask anyway.

Is the Gen5 modem-wifi creating a hidden network? I've been noticing it every time that I turn on wifi on my Wondows 10 Surface Pro 3.

When I unplug the modem-wifi and use my ASUS router, it doesn't show up. It is only there when using Gen5 modem-wifi. It comes in super strong at same level as Gen5 wifi. My neighbor's router comes in at one bar.

Any ideas?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Yes the signal is coming from your HT2000w...  You wont be able to connect to that signal, and the signal is disabled if you disable the Wifi on the modem.  

It's kind of like the USB port on the back of the HT1100... It's there for "future use", but, we have no idea when or if that future will ever come. 🙂

View solution in original post

You'll pardon my "clueles banter", but tone is as tone does.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

First question asked about hidden network. After thinking about it I asked 2 more questions.

I do not believe that Hughesnet is being transparent. I do not buy that they can do what they want and we have no choice.

When members ask specifically about the "Hidden Network" no explaination is given.

The "supposed experts" on this forum also have no answers as to the "hidden network". They chose to attack members wanting to know what is going on. WHY?

I'll just leave it at that.....

77 REPLIES 77