High IPv6 DNS delays currently @ HughesNet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkJFine
Professor

High IPv6 DNS delays currently @ HughesNet

Have a couple of things that use netstat in the background. Running 'netstat -b -I en0' in a terminal manually stops it dead in it's tracks when it gets to an IPv6 address. Changing the network DNS from the default router IPs (either IPv6 or IPv4) makes no difference until you change it to point to something outside HughesNet. Using Google's DNS IPs works fine.... so, something currently up with the DNS at HughesNet?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

Follow up: Tried rebooting in case the internal DNS was a mess... no joy.

In case anyone is interested, Google's open IPv6 DNS servers are at:

2001:4860:4860::8888

2001:4860:4860::8844

They seem to work just fine.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Follow up #2: Reliability of Google's DNS didn't last long. Gave up after I started to see a whole lot of DNS errors. Back on the HT2200Ws default DNS for now.