cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highly Variable Download/Upload Speeds - Case # 45537635 - Need Help Reps and Champs!

Assistant Professor

Re: Highly Variable Download/Upload Speeds - Case # 45537635 - Need Help Reps and Champs!

Liz, are you allowed to say whether or not this "contributing factor" is something that is system-wide on Gen4?
I realize you said it is not a "cure-all" but still curious if it is something that is system-wide.

Re: Highly Variable Download/Upload Speeds - Case # 45537635 - Need Help Reps and Champs!

Hi sgoshe,

We're not sure if this factor is affecting everyone. These changes are going to be implemented and be observed to see if it does improve performance. If performance improves, the engineers will expand their investigation to find common symptoms.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Assistant Professor

Thank you for the reply. I can understand not being sure with a system this complicated. I certainly wish them luck and hopefully it will lead to fix for folks having the bad slow down issues.
Have a good weekend!

I hope this helps too, it's also frustrating for us. You're very welcome and you have a good weekend as well, sgoshe!
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks Liz. Good luck!

Hi Liz. Any updates to report? Thanks!

Good morning Michael,

There was been work completed on your beam March 3, however it seems that despite that, there was hardly any significant improvement in system performance. I take it you're still experiencing the same speeds as before? If so, could you please run some newer speed tests so we can see where your site stands? We can send your case to the engineers to let them know that you're not seeing any improvements. We'll also run some new site diagnostics to make sure there hasn't been any change in the performance of the HughesNet equipment.

As always, your cooperation and patience are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

I'm having the same problem as this guy with my speeds varing all over the place, most usually crawling along at a snals pace! (O.1-0.5 mbps) but will jump up every so often to even 10mbps. Those speeds don't stay there very long though! I know next thing your already going to say too! I'm not using it or testing it during prime time usage either! I'm talking between 2am to 8am, along with any other hour of the day or night for that matter! I just happen to be disabled and my health issues tend to force me to sleep thru most the day hours usually. So I'm usually awake all night when most people are sleeping. Still. Netflix just as an example at 2-3am and later into the morning my Netflix keeps buffering off and on. At times during those early morning hours it may be fine for a little while, then out of the blue the buffering starts! It sets there and buffers for say a minute or so if not longer. Then starts playing but only for maybe 5 to 10 seconds and the buffering starts again! This can go like this for an hours or even longer sometimes. No real rhyme or reason to why the speed varies like this on my end anyway! 
 Now I've called Hughesnet several times now, in their way I suppose they try to be helpful, but are not getting anywhere, other then spending a lot of time running their speed tests and seeing the same slow speeds I am! Until they had one of their experts call me one afternoon and it just happen when the expert called my speed were running at 10mbps. But like I told them it's extremely rare for my speeds to stay at that level for any length of time! So the expert gave me a number to call next time I had the problem, which when I called at 2am I got a message they were closed! So back to the regular Hughesnet agent I go again, now waiting for another expert agent to call me back again (in another couple days of course!) Unfortunately, it feels like more of a run around then any kind of real help. And/or when you tell them your speeds are not 10mbps very often, I get the feeling I'm not getting any crediblity for anything. Even though Hughesnet agent I talked to early in the morning a couple days before the expert called seen the slow speeds I was consistently getting for over an hour running test over test with the same results! So needless to say this is getting extremely frustrating and getting to the point where I'm going to have to start looking for another internet service and see if anyone else can give me faster speeds? Unfortunately the way it is, I'd almost be just as well off with dial up more often then not! I certainly can relate to what this guy is going thru!

Hughesnet told me that if your getting 60% of the 20gbps, that is acceptable for satellite internet. At the time I finally got a call from one of their experts my speed just happen to be running at 10gbps and I was told that is acceptable! Which really I wouldn't complain quite so much if my speed stayed around 10gbps. But more often then not I'm getting 0.3mbps or less even! Mine litterally jumps all over the place. If I get any speed to stay fixed for 5 seconds I'm lucky! Anyway, hope your have better luck getting your speeds fixed then I have!
Assistant Professor

Gale, you seem to confusing speed (Mbps) and data allowance (GB) also would be better served by starting your own post as this one is 11 months old.