Hughesnet Community

Hn 9000 Stuck on waiting for antenna pointing to complete .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George Taff

Hn 9000 Stuck on waiting for antenna pointing to complete .

After being powered off for days unit wouldn't reconnect , appears to have decent signal strength but cant get past this step of the reinstall .
25 REPLIES 25
Amanda

Good morning George,

Welcome to our community! This sounds like something we may be able to fix on our end. Can you provide me with the serial number of your modem? This will allow me to locate your account and see if we can flag it to skip the antenna pointing and complete the registration.

Thanks
Amanda
George Taff

Thanks Amanda. The s/n is j7 111000120929903 L
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Just as a back up, you may wish to read this topic posted at the Shack:

http://www.ricksyakshack.com/view_topic.php?id=10306&forum_id=73

George Taff

Thanks Gwalk900 , I've been trying that method no luck so far. Guess I'll have to wait until Amanda gets the receiver flagged or unflagged whichever it is .
Amanda

Hi George

I am on hold right now with engineering group (network management center). I will let you know if you need to do anything further, as we may need to allow it to skip pointing on our end and then see if you need to do anything. They just answered and are working on it. 

Thanks
Amanda
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

The important point was:

"To Continue the process in the users own words:
after submitting the installation parameters, I was taken to a pointing screen.

The only option was to continue with installation or to return to installation form.

I continued, then it performed a reboot, then, when it took me to the pointing screen.

From there I saw an abort button like Charles mentioned. I aborted the pointing and there was another reboot.

(Charles comments referenced above were: "when it goes to dish pointing you have to abort the pointing or repointing when its on the next to the last box of the repointing process to complete the registration")

It was at this point the "registration" process completed and the user was now able to connect with his new modem.

As Charles summed up:
"When the modem registration completed and the modem linked to the sat. it linked your SAN to the new ESN and yes what you did was a complete SAN swap."

Follow-up by Chuck McCool:

once you save these setting either by printing or just writing them down you can enter them in the new modem and click sumit at the bottom, it best to print this page just to have in case you need it in the future.

Here is where you click to open the advanced system page.

Note: Some people have noted having browser related issues.

Try the process using and alternate browser.

Amanda

Hi George

The account has been flagged to allow pointing to skip. I just ran a quick diagnostic test on your system and see there is a line of sight issue. Would you be able to go out and confirm if the dish has a clear view of the sky? It seems like it may have even slipped on the hinge or gotten knocked out of place.

Aside from that, I still cannot communicate with your modem. Have you kept the registration page up this whole time? If so, you'll need re-do the registration. I can't guarantee with even the flag to skip allowed it will register, since it looks like you have almost no signal coming to the dish.

Amanda
George Taff

It does appear to have good line of sight , I trimmed a few small overhanging branches but nothing much in the way of signal improvement.
Amanda

Hi George - If you are stuck on this screen, you should be able to click Abort Pointing and continue on to registration. Let me know what happens

Thanks
Amanda
George Taff

If I hit the abort pointing button I get this screen.
George Taff

My apologies for sideways pictures.
George Taff

Gwalk900, attempted your fix but was thwarted by the evil error 10: internal server error , it pops up on several actions , I guess it originates from the sat modem . It shows up on google chrome that way . If you use IE you just get a failure to connect.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

guess its up to the Mods now. That's my limit of knowledge on the 9000's
Sadly it will be Monday before they return as they are at the Corporate level.

I'll try to alert one of the other Champs that is a Beta tester and involved with the 9000 system.

Watch for a reply by "Corrosive" if I can get a hold of him.
George Taff

Thanks  Gwalk900, maybe someone has encountered this issue before !
Amanda

Hi George

I can see none of this solved the issue.. Maybe the line of sight reading is due to a bad radio.

Can I put in a work order for a technician to come out and bring some extra equipment and set you up again? It would be free of charge, of course, but I would need to know your availability.

Thanks
Amanda
George Taff

Thanks very much I would be very happy to have some assistance , I did do some tree pruning with a pole saw but sadly it didnt help any to speak of . Braced the support pole as well as the wind in Texas can be a bit brisk at times . I can be contacted with account info on file or on this site as well . Thanks for your help I do appreciate it .
George Taff

Amanda, I am available pretty much anytime 8 to 8 Mon. thru Sat.
Amanda

Hi George

I am very sorry but the earliest I can get someone out there is Saturday morning. I hope that is okay. I will also provide you a generous credit for your time without service.

Thank you
Amanda
George Taff

Thanks  Amanda ,that will be fine .
George Taff

Amanda good news I seem to back up and running again. I'm not sure what changed but after powering down computer and modem for many many times  the antenna pointing screen defaulted to a 60 second refresh rate rather than the 15 seconds it was stuck on ( i could not change the refresh rate , tried many times ) Refreshing at that speed took a while to run thru all of the steps but it eventually got past the waiting for antenna pointing to complete then it was up and running. Download speed seems to be ok on my end so I guess I don't need a service visit after all . I suppose you can look at it from your end and see if there are any issues . Thanks for your support .