cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honestly, I have to say WONDERFUL

Honestly, I have to say WONDERFUL

Before signing up with Hughes net I did a little research and read some really bad reviews, but being rural I had no choice. I'd heard that people didn't get their full downloads, but they didn't understand the system, the rollovers and were quite bitter and it was with trepidation that I signed up.
Hughes Net has been a surprise; the service is better than all the other internet providers - 15 years worth of that - in every respect that I've ever experienced. I call and talk to someone courteous who can explain well, they are extrememly courteous to the point where I think I've gone back in time to say 1950, and the service itself has been outstanding; strong and steady. Where I live this is unheard of! I am so comfortable and delighted with Hugues.
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Honestly, I have to say WONDERFUL

I too was happy with Hughie when I fist got it. The speeds are way better than dial-up...26.4 dial-up. Over time you will get used to what you have and expect consistency, that's a natural thing. I expect consistency and really there are so many issues that crop up overtime it becomes a grind. Then I expect you will find Hughie isn't as good as it is for you today. I hope not. I hope they really do better but I can't see it happening. Their history is not a proud one.

No, I find that three months into it, it's better than it was then. I don't know what ou mean by 'so many issues'...but I'd address them to Hughes. I've found their service exemplary for any company, any time.
I am used to horrid service here, I mean you can call Verizon 30 times a day, be on hold for a half hour, press for English and it's not, and you get hung up on. No one knows anything, you talk to someone in Santo Domingo (who frankly does not give a rat's behind)...So believe me I know "ISSUES". I was offline for 5 months with Verizon/Claro. Unbelievable service.
So I do understand "Issues".
Hughes has been extraordinary from the get-go.
Sorry you have problems, but it could be any of a number of things. Every question I've had has been dealt with professionally.
What are the "so many issues" that you have with them? Have they not dealt with them?

Glad you are getting good service. Seems the longer you are with them the worse it works even with multiple service calls and all new equipment. Personally I think they make sure new sign ups are not throttled down in any way, they want to get you locked into their 2 yr contract.
Advanced Tutor

Marley, thanks for posting. It's nice to hear something positive.

Most people post here because they have problems not praise.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

Sorry for your trouble. Sounds like your local, right?
I took a one year contract due to all the negative remarks, I had trepidations. No one locks me into anything.
Frankly, if your service is so bad, you should break the contract and find a new provider. No service/no contract, right?

Saludos El Dorado. I read so many negative things that I wouldn't buy the satelite, but rented it, and I don't want someone else to lose out on that opportunity. And a company that has provided good service with outstanding service reps - and they are - deserves to have that posted too, right? there needs to be some balance and I'm happy to do so. Communicating with service dept about any (usually my silly) has been awesome. what goes around.....right?
Advanced Tutor

Smiley Happy

Just curious, did you buy directly from HughesNet or did you go through a local Retailer who installed your system?
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

I went through a retailer here. when i went to the site it directed to right there, a choice of two local. I have to say his end of things wasn't great, a long delay, no returned phone calls, unable to communicate well. And when he connected my router, which I paid him for, to this day there is a problem with the password. He's never returned calls or texts, so I let it go. That was the only complaint I've had. His service was - poor - missing. But not something to fight about, yeh? He didn't have the knowledge he should have had at his disposal to pass on. If they had proper retailers here, they'd do a lot better!

Marley

First off there is no such thing as a 1 year contract with Hughes! If you do indeed have Hughes you are locked into a 2 year contract. If you even took the time to read any of the posts you will in deed see the issues with the service being provided at this time.