cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honestly, I have to say WONDERFUL

New Poster

Re: Honestly, I have to say WONDERFUL

Hughes always gave me great service . I never failed not to figure out any issue I might have had with techs . I used a local retailer if people would take the time to talk to a local retailer they be a lot better informed in long run .Hi YA El Dorado and Sure is nice seeing more positive people here Thanks Marley for the kind words
Hi YA Suz and Sara and Kate and snow and good morning to everyone else

I myself would have to disagree on your facts. First off I hope your not insinuating all of those with problems that pipe up are trolls. Trolls are defined as someone out to cause trouble. Not those out to get a problem solved. I don't know how many customers hughes has but what I do know is out of small country town I live maybe 100 if were lucky only 2-3 would know how to access a forum let alone post. Most just call the number fight or GIVE UP. I've dealt with now at least 7 different internet providers in the last 10yrs. Mostly for others who are not technically inclined or cannot get thier point accrossed. Never once had I had the urge or the need to look for a forum. The answer was always on the other side of the phone. No half hr. to 2hr wait, usually 5min. at most and the problem was always solved in that one phone call. Thier was no multiple tiers just one person even if it took hrs.

Just saying if your going to post those facts then you have to take into consideration those who no little more than face book an email, the hearing impaired or elderly who have no desire to fight, and the young an niave who are just not aware of the problem. An than thiers those like me who stumbled on this forum by accident. I didn't post all my problems because the answers were already there in previous post by other users experiencing the same problem some of which are still ongoing such as : http://community.myhughesnet.com/hugh...

It's a percentage thing. A small percent of users posts about problems. Is it only a small percent that has problems. Most users don't know or care that there is a forum. My guess is 20% of the customers know about this forum and fewer are even inclined to post. There are trolls, there are people with genuine problems that don't get addressed. I think Hughes does have a multitude of problems the largest being corporate concern. With almost every tech purchase I make I test the tech support. Some is really good..Logitech, MSI some is quite bad...Asus. Hughes ranks near the bottom in my estimation. A recent post by me indicates they are trying or giving the appearance of trying. A great example would be the most recent Facebook issue. The solution was provided by a forum user and it wasn't until regular business hours that the moderators acknowledged the problem, or did they? There is obviously a problem but it wasn't addressed beyond case number...it is a Hughes problem, they know...fix it and tell us what you are doing. It's this behavior that angers so many

Good morning Tim, I do hope your having a good day Smiley Happy
New Poster

Hi Hi MS. Melissa Good Morning to you hope you have a wonderful day

People with problems are not trolls. People who are abusive and not civil are. Try Verizon support sometime. It's dreadful and took me several iterations before they could figure things out. I have a friend who went through **** with Verizon as well. This isn't just a Hughes issue; it seems to be in other places as well. You are not a troll if you don't give up and you should exhaust every means that you can, to get the service working. I've been on the phone with Hugues, bouncing around myself but I don't see any value in putting complaints up, because it doesn't help the people who already have the servcie and are looking for answers.
Advanced Tutor

No satellite Internet company is free of problems, and every new product launch is full of gotchas. The first HN system we used was the old, horrible two-box DW4000, which was about one-half step above an Internet system powered by tin cans and string.

Another vendor we work with reportedly had double-digit failure rates on their outdoor electronics. Imagine how many unhappy customers, dealers and installers they had?

What's unfortunate and depressing to me is when someone comes to a community forum like this and posts a problem sincerely looking for help. Then a few angry people, who seem to be bent on "revenge," can't stop themselves from lashing out and posting complaints instead of help into every new topic.

Even the folks who post something positive get replies to "watch out, 'cause something bad will happen sooner or later."

It just repeatedly rubs everyone's noses in the negativity and only makes it harder for posters and visitors to find the help they came here for.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Honorary Alumnus

El Dorado,
I guess I'm one of those angry people that you refered to in your reply.

My issue was billing and Hughes fought me all the way on getting it resolved. They just thought they should get paid twice per month.
I felt otherwise.
Yes, I understand that problems occur, it is the way those issues are resolved that sets Hughes apart from the majority of buisiness.

I post so that prospective customers understand what they may be in for. Not so much that an error occured as the weeks or months that it takes to get it addressed.
I'm glad that you and others have had great service and support from Hughes.
Lets hope that your mortgage check never bounces because Hughes did a double payment, and you get it resolved not by the transaction be reveresed but by a bill credit.
And then have that exact same thing happen again..and once more.
Now, do you advacate that I just shut up and like that ? That I should not share that with others......?
Advanced Tutor

I'm not advocating you do anything. Just keep doing what you do best, and so will I.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com