cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Speeds on Gen 5

Liz

Re: Horrible Speeds on Gen 5

No worries, Jebarnette, you're still posting under the same username as when you first started your thread. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I will send you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Jonbarnette
Sophomore

Hello Liz, this is Jebarnette. Due to having a newer account set up they deleted my old one registered to my email. As such i had to make a new account. Would you please resend that email to this account - because i can't seem to log into my old one anymore because my old email doesnt exist. If you need proof of idenity, please only ask. 

Liz

Good morning Jon,

Thank you for the heads up. No worries, everyone who logs into the community is associated with their HughesNet e-mail address, and with that I can find the associated SAN. Just to clarify, did you want me to migrate your email from your old address to your new one?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Jonbarnette
Sophomore

Good morning to you as well. 

Very welcome, and sure just change that email over. And resend whatever email it was you sent to Jebarnette to me. Because i couldn't access my email before my login's changed over. 

Liz

Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't send you an email, but you might be referring to a notification email from the community that you may get whenever someone replies to your thread. I'll let you know once we've completed the email migration.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Jonbarnette
Sophomore

Oh, sorry. I meant the private message you mentioned earlier regarding my concerns. 

Liz

Hi Jon,

Sure I can resend whatever PM I've sent to you previously. 

About the e-mail migration, this process only migrates your old e-mail address to your new SAN, but it does not carry the e-mails over. I apologize for implying that we could move your e-mails from one account to another. If you still would like us to migrate your old e-mail address to your current SAN, please be sure to back your e-mail up first, as your emails will be cleared during the migration process. Let me know if/when you are ready for the e-mail migration process.

Jonbarnette
Sophomore

No worries it's not a big deal. I only used this email for hughesnet related things. Also any idea why my usage meter keeps reseting to full constantly?

Liz

OK, well if you ever want to bring that email over, just let me know.

Regarding your data resetting so often, I believe since you upgraded to Gen 5, you're within the first 20 days of relaxed bandwidth or unmetered data. This should be noted in your welcome email/order confirmation for Gen 5. It should say something similar to:

20 Unmetered Days
Your first 20 days of HughesNet won't count towards your service plan data! We
give you this unmetered time to download software updates that can use a lot of
data. Your data will automatically reset when depleted for the first 20 days only.
After this grace period, you’ll have the full amount of your service plan data to use
for the remainder of the month.

Hope that clears things up!

Jonbarnette
Sophomore

I hope you all had happy holidays.

Any update as of now?