cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Speeds

Sophomore

Horrible Speeds

Back again after 6-10 months of decent service to complain once again that the internet hasn't been right for a week or so. I hoped it was just another rough week, but it's gotten to the point that it took nearly 30 minutes of clicking reload just to get on the hughesnet page. Constantly getting timed out in other sites as well. 

Currenty am under FAP mode, but their is no reason i should be getting in the double digit speeds for kbps. My last test i ran during this was aroun 70kbps. And it definetly bottoms lower than that as I've investigated with glasswire. 

Thanks, 

Jonathan

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Horrible Speeds

Hello @Jonbarnette,

Thank you for contacting us. After running diagnostics, it appears you are using an external router. I recommend trying to bypass your router and connecting directly to the Hughes modem when you are in FAP. Your speeds will still be reduced, however, it should be faster the kbps you state you are receiving.  Please let me know if you notice improvements by doing this.

-Damian

Re: Horrible Speeds

@Jonbarnette

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

-Damian