Hughesnet Community

Horribly slow speed with data allowance and during bonus period for month, I'm being ripped off

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rfxcasey
New Poster

Horribly slow speed with data allowance and during bonus period for month, I'm being ripped off

Hey all, I've been getting horrible speed for several months, would have posted sooner but this site is such a pain to even get registered for, I didn't have the phone number we originally registered with. My speeds have been horrible, especially during bonus hours with full data allowance. Just renewed the allowance yesterday, I tried to update a game last night, stayed up till 2am to get it started downloading. I was getting an average of about 80kbs, constantly bouncing between like 30 and 150. Let it run all night till 8am, only downloaded less than 2GB of data. My bonus hours speeds with data are worse than my daytime speeds without data allowance remaining. Even still, with data allowance daytime speeds are just bad, I'm getting probably 300kps at best. When data runs out, I don't even get 1Mb per second, no were close actually, it never goes above like 200kbs maybe like 230 to 260 sometimes. Why am I paying such a high cost for such horrible internet that doesn't even work as advertised. I'm about to move just because of the internet, seriously. I'm not going another 2 or more months with this. Until then, I'd like the service I get overcharged for. 

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@rfxcasey 

To get help with speed issues, please run a few batches of tests using the following protocol.  Being that the reps won't be back on until Monday, it gives you a couple of days in which to do so.  

---------------------------------------------------

To help the HughesNet Customer Service Reps get a head start on your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account (if you do not already have one) and, while signed into that account, perform a batch of 3-5 tests during different parts of the day, then share your testmy.net "My Results" page URL with us here. A batch each in the morning, afternoon and evening is the most ideal, but the reps are well aware that not everyone can do this, so please just run a batch when you can.

Most important points to remember during this test:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)
-disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem while the speed tests are being performed
-the testing device should be the ONLY device connected to the HughesNet modem while testing
-use the manual 25MB size download test file
-if testing upload instead of download, use the manual 4MB size upload test file
-space each test in the batch at least 5 minutes apart
-post your testmy results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please see this site.

The Reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST. They will be the ones to address your speed issues, but they will need these tests to do so.

If you don't know how to disable the WiFi in the HT2000W modem, please see "How do I manage my built-in WiFi modem?" in this PDF. Please be sure to click "Save Settings" after unchecking "SSID Enable" for each of the four tabs individually (2.4Ghz, then 2.4Ghz Guest, then 5Ghz, then 5Ghz Guest).

qoEQcUu~m

maratsade

Please post the URL to your Testmy.net's My Results page. 

GabeU

@rfxcasey 

Please make sure to run a few batches of tests, as stated in the instructions, with three to five tests in each batch.  A single 25MB download test is not of value.  

https://testmy.net/quickstats/rfxcasey