cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change my email on my Iphone from POP to IMAP?

Re: How can I change my email on my Iphone from POP to IMAP?

You're welcome. Good luck!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Sophomore

Thank you Liz,
    I tried deleting the account and tried adding it again as an IMAP account and it automatically put it back in my phone as a POP account.  I really want it to be an IMAP account.  What can I try next?
Assistant Professor

Liz won't be here until tomorrow. Have you talked to Apple about it? Could be a firmware update that addresses the issue.

Good morning hooterville,

I also suggest checking with Apple support about this.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Sophomore

So, I tried Apple support.  They couldn't help either.  They said that that hughesnet email is a POP account.  I don't have a choice to make it IMAP.  Nothing they can do to help me make it an IMAP account.

I can assure you that HughesNet e-mail is available via IMAP, as seen by our imap server information below:

-Liz

Sophomore

I tried putting these in manually and it doesn't work.  I've tried deleting the account and re-adding it and it automatically goes to POP.  It won't give me the option to make it IMAP.  Apple was no help.

Do you have any suggestions?

My only suggestion is this, as helpfully sent to me by Amanda: 
https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-4294

Hope that works out for you.

-Liz

Sophomore

Hey, neat idea.  I'll give it a try later and let you know how it goes.
Sophomore

What do you know, it worked!  Thanks so much for sticking with me through this.  I've been trying to figure this out for months.  Finally, it's done.
Thanks again
Have a great day!