cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish?

Re: How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish?

Do you have wifi. Can you hook up your smart phone to the wifi?
Highlighted

Just making sure. You modem is a HT1100 correct?

yep HT1100... I have the router/WIFI and can connect the phone through that.

ok, then go to the 192.168.0.1 and go the the signal strength. Wth your smart phone in hand. Try moving it a 1/4 inch wait about 5 seconds to see if it goes up. Keep trying that. If you only get a 29 signal strength. That means you are on the old spaceway sat. If you get anything above a 31 that means you are on the jupiter sat. The one you want.

There is a better way to do it. But this seems the easiest for you. Like I said. I don't recommend it. It could be a different problem. But if you have a tech going out. Guess you can't really make it any worse..LOL

cool. I do remember when the installer was putting in the dish we were on a 200 degree range. So if I hit the 180 degree range I went tooooo far.

Good luck, let me now if you are able to get it.

Hoping that will at least get me back onto the internet. I have a project that needs turned in by midnight on Sunday for school. Hard to upload the file over my mobile data on the phone.

I have two installs tomorrow morning up north. I should be back on around 2:30 pacific time. If you have any more questions.

Thanks for the help. will have to go out in the cold tomorrow morning and see if I can get back online.
Let you know how it goes.