Hughesnet Community

How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilroydriver

How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish?

How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish? The wind moved the dish and I have no Signal.
Only lights I can get are the power light and the LED signal from the router.
On 1/12/17 we have a sever thunderstorm with high winds blow thru the area. I think the dish was moved by the wind that came through here like a freight train.
After 2 hours on the phone 2 nights in a row they are telling me that there is no signal from the dish to the satalite. I asked for the compass heading to re-point the dish and I am getting the runaround on that question. All I need is to have the dish realigned and the system quickly checked out. 
 I have to wait 4 days for a tech to come out and realign my dish???????
47 REPLIES 47
gokartergo24
Tutor

Unfortunately, It really doesn't work that way. You can not point it properly that way. You will never get it close enough. What is your signal level at now?
kilroydriver

Only lights on are the power and the LAN light.... All others are off.

Satellite Receiver Signal Strength 15

gokartergo24
Tutor

15 is just noise in the air.  Your dish is way off then.
kilroydriver

Getting Sate Code 11.2.1
Problem receiving data occurred
gokartergo24
Tutor

Yep because it is not hitting the satellite.  15 is just noise in the air.. Your dish is way off.
gokartergo24
Tutor

Is your Dish on a pole mount or up on the roof?
kilroydriver

Don't think the elevation was changed but I know the compass setting are off. was thinking about just moving it an inch at a time and wait for the signal to come in... Stupid?
gokartergo24
Tutor

I don't recommend it. I am a installer.  But if you want to try it.. Try moving it 1/4 inch at a time. Yes, it is that sensitive.
kilroydriver

How long between moves to wait for the signal to update?
Dish is out back and the modem is upstairs
gokartergo24
Tutor

Do you have wifi. Can you hook up your smart phone to the wifi?
gokartergo24
Tutor

Just making sure. You modem is a HT1100 correct?
kilroydriver

yep HT1100... I have the router/WIFI and can connect the phone through that.
gokartergo24
Tutor

ok, then go to the 192.168.0.1 and go the the signal strength. Wth your smart phone in hand. Try moving it a 1/4 inch wait about 5 seconds to see if it goes up. Keep trying that. If you only get a 29 signal strength. That means you are on the old spaceway sat. If you get anything above a 31 that means you are on the jupiter sat. The one you want.
gokartergo24
Tutor

There is a better way to do it. But this seems the easiest for you. Like I said. I don't recommend it. It could be a different problem. But if you have a tech going out. Guess you can't really make it any worse..LOL
kilroydriver

cool. I do remember when the installer was putting in the dish we were on a 200 degree range. So if I hit the 180 degree range I went tooooo far.
gokartergo24
Tutor

Good luck, let me now if you are able to get it.
kilroydriver

Hoping that will at least get me back onto the internet. I have a project that needs turned in by midnight on Sunday for school. Hard to upload the file over my mobile data on the phone.
gokartergo24
Tutor

I have two installs tomorrow morning up north. I should be back on around 2:30 pacific time. If you have any more questions.
kilroydriver

Thanks for the help. will have to go out in the cold tomorrow morning and see if I can get back online.
Let you know how it goes.
gokartergo24
Tutor

Sounds good.  Good luck..  all you will need is a 1/2 open end and a 1/2 inch rachet with a short ext.