cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish?

Re: How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish?

Sounds good.  Good luck..  all you will need is a 1/2 open end and a 1/2 inch rachet with a short ext. 

the pole moves now because of the rain we got over the last 3 days
that is how I determined that the sighting was off.

Sounds like you are going to need a new pole mount..

That is what I am thinking. I grabbed the pole and was able to twist it about 10 degrees. I need to find the right sighting then tamp down the ground around the pole to tighten it up.

That'll at least get by until the tech comes out. If you are still having trouble tomorrow afternoon. We will figure out a way to call or text each other to get you going..
Highlighted

appreciate that.  Let you know how it goes tomorrow. that will be after 5:30 EST my time.
Associate Professor

kilroydriver,

Please be advised that proper pointing must be performed by a Hughesnet Technician...  It may take awhile to get one out there, but I would imagine that on Monday, Amanda, or Liz wouldn't mind scheduling a technician to check your system with out a service fee if you haven't had a free visit any time recently...

If you're intent on doing this, for now don't futz with the elevation. It's most likely OK. Just the azimuth. I'm assuming you have a compass?

Go here: http://www.dishpointer.com/ and select 107.1W ECHOSTAR 17 from the ALL Satellites list.

Then put in your physical address for your location. and click the GO! button. You'll get your Magnetic azimuth setting for your location. You can even use the resulting green line as a sight line to identify a tree or other object on the ground to get you close to the right direction.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

I found this on Google.  It gives you instructions and an App you download to a Laptop and get the dish settings, then use it to connect to the Hughes modem, and it gives the signal strength as you adjust the dish.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-aim-a-hughesnet-satellite-dish-the-easiest-way

Also, I have my Hughes and DTV Slimline dishes next to each other on the roof, and the both appear to be pointing in the same direction, looking from the ground. Dishpointer.com, in the reply above, will give you the correct azmith also.  Good luck.

Hmmm... I've used PC OPI years ago with older HN7000s but not sure that app will work with HT1100s. I'll try to confirm this at our office later.

Easier I think to use a smart phone or tablet with a wireless router.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com