Hughesnet Community

How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kilroydriver

How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish?

How can I get the asthmith heading for my dish? The wind moved the dish and I have no Signal.
Only lights I can get are the power light and the LED signal from the router.
On 1/12/17 we have a sever thunderstorm with high winds blow thru the area. I think the dish was moved by the wind that came through here like a freight train.
After 2 hours on the phone 2 nights in a row they are telling me that there is no signal from the dish to the satalite. I asked for the compass heading to re-point the dish and I am getting the runaround on that question. All I need is to have the dish realigned and the system quickly checked out. 
 I have to wait 4 days for a tech to come out and realign my dish???????
47 REPLIES 47
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Mine is 7 foot of 2 inch ID drill stem 24 inches deep and used 4 bags of ready mix cement
GW
Advanced Tutor

I misremembered. My pole is 10'. The installer came without the required pole for the pole installation and had to go to town to buy a pipe. Since bad weather was coming, he didn't want to take the time to cut off the pole to proper length and planted it with one bag. That's why it was so floppity.

It's not floppity now and the lowest part of the dish is more than 7' above the ground. Works for me since I can't hit the dish with my mower roll bar.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Nice job.  The bottom of my dish is actually only about 3.5 feet off the ground, but it has never caused any problems.  Why it was originally installed that low I don't know, but it is VERY sturdy, and because of where it is (somewhat ensconced in an inward bending corner of the house) it is always above the snowline, even if we get four feet or more.   He used a good amount of Sakrete when installing it.   

Plus, it makes it easy to clean off.  I can actually reach it from my bedroom window with a long pole and a Webster on the end.  LOL. 

Amanda

Hello,

Our agents and generally us here in the corporate office are technically not to provide pointing information or encourage adjusting your dish yourself since it voids warranty... We'll pretend we didn't see anything. Understandable you would want to do this since it would take a while for the tech to come out. I remember my mother yelling out the window (picture is better/worse!) to my dad on the roof trying to re-point the satellite TV dish. 

I'm glad you're up and running again 🙂

Amanda
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I remember my dad doing the same thing with the rabbit ears, sitting on the couch while I was trying to adjust them for the den TV.   Stop!  No, go back.  Nope, go the other way.  Maybe it needs more foil.  LOL.   
GW
Advanced Tutor

adjusting your dish yourself since it voids warranty... We'll pretend we didn't see anything. Understandable you would want to do this since it would take a while for the tech to come out.
Hahaha, good one. I tried for several months to get my original installer/dealership to come out and repoint my dish after it flopped. He never showed.

I guess I voided my warranty on Day 1 when I stood the pole back up with three chains and plumbed it to get my internet back on.