cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can they lie to us about their service and keep a business going?

How can they lie to us about their service and keep a business going?

I called Hughes Net for service and I explained that I had Century Link and it was very slow. Running about 1.5. They told me that after I used up my 10GB that my service would never drop that slow.  I asked them what would it cost if I cancelled my service before the 24 months and she said $35.00. After the first couple of months I ran out of data after just a couple of days. I don't know where it goes as I only pay my bills on the laptop and go on Facebook about one a day. They service dropped so low that I can't even get on the internet. If I do get on then I have to wait forever to get on a site. I ran a speed test and it said .7 something. Not even half what I got with century link. I called Hughes Net and they had me pay $129.00 to put a anti virus on my laptop and to remove and viruses that might be on it. After that I still ran out of service in a few days. I called them many times and  I  just gave up. I asked them what it would cost to cancel my service and now they say $250.00. I read some of these comments and I can't believe that they get away with this.
19 REPLIES 19
Associate Professor

Re: How can they lie to us about their service and keep a business going?

Do you have a recent case number that you can reference so that a Hughes CSR can pull your sales recording to see what was said during the sales pitch?  If found that the person that sold you lied about, or misrepresented service, they will waive the ETF.

No I don't have the number. If I call them and ask for it would they look it up for me?
Highlighted
Associate Professor

If you don't have a case number, you can post the serial number located on the back or bottom of your modem, Should start with S/N: xx xxxxxxxx xx   Please do not post your SAN/DSS number, or phone number, or home address.

Allow upto 24-48 hours for an official response once you have posted your serial number.

You wont be able to call in and ask for a review since it can take several days, review of sales call is only done by the group of Hughesnet staff that monitor this forum on weekdays, 9am to 5pm eastern.

S/N is B3 0010660609  A9     Thank you. I hope this helps me.

Associate Professor

That will help, Amanda, Chris, or Liz should reply to this thread tomorrow and let you know that they requested the sales call, and will reply back later on (as I said, it can take awhile to get a sales call) with what they find was said.

Hello Tammy,

Thank you for your info and welcome to the community! We can definitely have this sales call reviewed for you as I see this has been an issue since day one. We will be sending up for the sales call today and should have a reply within the next day or so. I appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Amanda

It's been 6 days and I was wondering if you found my first call. You will see that she said that I would never drop below 1.5 on my speed and that if I didn't like the service that it would cost me $35.00 to cancel. I don't stream movies or anything like that so we ( Hughes Net and me) couldn't figure out where the data is going. I paid $129.00 for them to go thru my laptop to see if the problem was there and it still didn't help. It's not like I'm not trying to figure this out but it's so bad that I run out of data in a few days to a week then I can't even get my phone to hook up to it. Could you please keep me informed on this.

Associate Professor

Tammy,

I am sure Amanda hasn't forgotten about your case.  It can take several days for a sales call to be pulled, reviewed, and documented.  Sometimes they come back the same day, sometimes it can take a week or longer.  It depends highly upon the sales channel that the customer has used.  I am sure we will have some form of an update come Monday.

Hi Tammy

I am sorry for the delay. Instead of summarizing, I will simply copy and paste the results of your call review here:

After reviewing the call, the
agent does not make the claim that the customers speeds would not drop below
1.5 Mbps.  They also read all final disclosures regarding the Early
Termination Fee, and when the customer probes further, the agent informs them
that the ETF would be up to $400 and would prorate so the longer they have the
service, the lower the ETF.  There is never any claim that the ETF would
be $35.

Please let me know if you would like assistance with the current performance of your system and I will be glad to assist.

Thank you,

Amanda