cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can they lie to us about their service and keep a business going?

Re: How can they lie to us about their service and keep a business going?

You have to be looking at the wrong call for my service because it WAS told that . I told them that I had century link and it was at 1.5 and that I wanted something faster and they told me that it would be at 10. I asked them what would happen when I ran out of my allowed 10G and they said that it would never drop below 1.5. I asked them what it would be the fee for early termination and they said $35. They never read any early termination fee disclosure to me or I never would of went with you. Never did they say anything about $400. I don't know where your getting your information from.  I figured if I was getting 1.5 on century link then I wouldn't be losing anything by going with Hughes Net. I can't believe your trying to tell me that they didn't say that to me. Is that how you stay in business? Is that what you say to all your customers after they call to complain about your representatives that don't tell us the truth? 
Honorary Alumnus

"Is that what you say to all your customers after they call to complain about your representatives that don't tell us the truth?"

Please be advised that the Hughes employees here are at the corporate level.

There has been considerable number of cases where a SALES Rep didn't follow prescribed procedure and a subscriber either had their ETF waived or reduced and the sales rep "sent to the education camps".

There is no way that Amanda would mis-interpret the information of your final sales call.

As to the statement you make about being told that "it would never drop below 1.5" is so far from the Hughes normal verbiage .. Hughes does NOT nor ever have provided and "guarantee" of speeds. Al speeds are promoted as "Up To". There simply are to many variables involved with a satellite connection in and of itself let alone the things well beyond the control on Hughes such as Internet Backbone routing/rerouting issues and the response time of what ever web page server you may be accessing.

As to the speed of your service, have you done any meaningful troubleshooting ?

I can tell you that I routinely get 17-20 Mbps on my "up to 15 Mbps" plan.

Your system may very well just need to be diagnosed and "fixed'.

Assistant Professor

If you switched from ground based unlimited 1.5 Mbps speed for satellite capped "up to" speed of 10 Mbps, you made a big mistake. I can watch Netflix at low definition all day long 24/7 with 1.5 Mbps speed.

Hi Tammy

I requested to have a copy of the two calls you made with us (the initial and the followup for terms) I will listen to them today and return back with my own findings.

Thanks
Amanda

Hello Tammy
Thanks for waiting

So from the two calls, I never hear anyone talking about 1.5Mbps speeds, but I did get to listen to the agent explain the Early Termination Fees. The agent did explain that if you cancelled after your activation but before your 24 month commitment was completed, you would be subject to up to a $400 ETF. You asked to clarify - $200? The agent corrected you and explained it was $400 but is reduced every month you are with us.

There are, however, some issues with other things the agent said on the call - like leasing your equipment is a lease-to-own or that our service is technically unlimited (true, but we shouldn't say that! its confusing) 

The agent has since been let go from the sales group and the team they were on will be provided training and review to ensure they do not do the same thing. With that said, we would be happy to cancel your account with no early termination fee based on the other claims the agent made with you on the call.

Thank you
Amanda

Thank you. How do I cancel it without paying the termination fee? I would like to cancel at the end of this months bill cycle. That way I don't have to figure out what I owe you.

Hi Tammy

I can process the cancellation and waive the fees for you today and send you a confirmation in your e-mail that you used to sign up here. Does that sound alright?

Thanks
Amanda

Hi Tammy

Sorry for the late response. Please check your HughesNet email for the information about the cancellation and let me know if you have any questions. I have set your account to cancel at the end of your billing cycle (02/23/16) and there is no Early Termination Fee. You will need to return your leased equipment (modem, power suppy and transmitter radio). A box will be delivered to your physical address within a few days of the account cancelling, will contain instructions on how to remove the equipment, pack it and will include a pre-paid shipping label to send the equipment back to us. Please let me know if anything comes up, or you have any concerns and I'll be here to lend a hand. 

Thank you
Amanda

Hi Amanda.

I just received my last payment and I see that it's for $295.00. It's normally for $60.00. If I don't have a cancellation fee than can you please explain what the extra fees are for or is this a mistake? It should just be the $60.00. Thank you for the help.

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

That should actually show -$295.00 (a credit) to offset the early termination fee. You have no balance due right now. 

Thanks!
Amanda