cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my service and not get charged for Early Termination?

Assistant Professor

Re: How do I cancel my service and not get charged for Early Termination?

Chase, if you are having speed issues they can help with that unless you already cancelled service. You do have to run a series of speed tests to prove your case.

Speed tests were completed numerous times. I was told that everything was operating as expected. It is unfortunate that my best current option is to opt out of having home internet. I truly thank you for the help sgoshe, but we both know (whether we can admit this or not because of who signs our pays check..wink wink..) that the issues I am experiencing have nothing to do with anything on the consumer end. Thanks.

I have canceled my subscription after paying more than $200 for one month of very bad service. Many times excessive amounts of data usage were attributed to my account at times when no computers were on and we were asleep. 7 GBs were claimed to be downloaded in a three hour period when no one was on a computer. This amount of usage is impossible at the download rate that HughesNet offers. After agreeing that previous usage numbers weren't possible we were sent a new modem. The claimed usage amounts actually increased with the new modem. I canceled my subscription, but I received a message that I will have to pay $400 to cancel it. When I asked to speak to someone about this, since at no point did HughesNet uphold their end of the contract, I was told that I would have to cancel my cancellation in order to speak to anyone about this. This is the ultimate Catch-22. I can't speak to anyone unless I rejoin the company that has defaulted on its end of the contract, but I am expected to pay $400 to get out from under this scam company. Is this the "Twilight Zone?"

This is exactly what is happening to us right now, And they tell me we are stuck in a two year plan or pay, I know they laughing all the way to the bank. We hired a computer company to do a house call, (NOT CHEAP) and confirmed that all Equipment was shut off, but mega data was used during that time, They can go into your computer and check that to make sure it off, So come on HUGHS make it right!!!!!     

it is cheaper to just pay the ETF because we are just trowing away more money for another year of super shitty net... easy, cancel, pay ETF and be done with them but make sure u report them to BBB, better business...Exede Satilite actually provideds fastest sat and good rep.
Assistant Professor

Because everyone there is happy?  https://community.exede.com/exede

Difference is they will delete any comments that get too negative.

And not faster for me plus much more expensive. Just like here they base everything on beam loading.

Like I said, being a cheerleader for the competition will get you booted from the other site.
Spectator

Wow you're SOOOO smart! The thing is, when sales misrepresents data service, and greatly exaggerates its worth, people get mad about it!
Assistant Professor

@Kaylubbb

You have a right to get angry if you're not satisfied, but the reality is that the salesperson is there to make a sale. They're not the Shell Answer Man and make marginal claims all the time. Doesn't matter what business, they all do it.

If you ask any salesperson a technical question, 9 times out of 10 they're going to give you an answer off the top of their head or just answer "yes, of course" because it's positive and helps the sale. It's very likely they didn't understand the technical specifics of the question in the first place. "I don't know" seems to be a bad thing to say by anyone these days.

That all said, HughesNet is actually doing the right thing and requesting sales calls be reviewed to see if they were explicitly misleading and dealing with them on a case-by-case basis. They don't really have to do that, although that's really a good idea, imo.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

The user was also ranting (and being insulting to BirdDog at the same time) on a very old thread. I wish these old threads were closed. 

Assistant Professor

Ranting and insulting....
Here?

Really?
J/K

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.