cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable TCP acceleration on my HN9000 S/N # 301106303714 modem?

How do I disable TCP acceleration on my HN9000 S/N # 301106303714 modem?

I have a new Linksys EA6200 Smart WiFi router which has a USB 3 port for connecting external data storage. I want to disable TCP acceleration so that I can access my data remotely.
15 REPLIES 15
Alum

Re: How do I disable TCP acceleration on my HN9000 S/N # 301106303714 modem?

John,

Thanks for the post. You can disable TCP acceleration via the System Control Center (SCC).

For more information on turning off TCP acceleration, Please follow the link below: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/3511.aspx

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

- Warren

I am familiar with the SCC. I have been able to disable "Turbopage" by clicking on the small icon to the right of "What do these controls mean?" in the gray stripe below the System Indicator Buttons. This action opens the "Advanced Configuration and Statistics" where I select "Turbopage" on the Advanced Menu. Under Turbopage I select "Control" then "Enable/Reset" which opens up a box where I can disable Turbopage.

I did not find instructions for disabling "TCP Acceleration" in the document that you reference above. Please send me specific step by step instructions for disabling "TCP Acceleration".

I am familiar with the SCC. I have been able to disable "Turbopage" by clicking on the small icon to the right of "What do these controls mean?" in the gray stripe below the System Indicator Buttons. This action opens the "Advanced Configuration and Statistics" where I select "Turbopage" on the Advanced Menu. Under Turbopage I select "Control" then "Enable/Reset" which opens up a box where I can disable Turbopage.

I did not find instructions for disabling "TCP Acceleration" in the document that you reference above. Please send me specific step by step instructions for disabling "TCP Acceleration".
Alum

John,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. Apologize for the misunderstanding, but we were informed by engineering that TCP Acceleration cannot be disabled manually, as you only have options to enable or disabling Turbo page controls in SCC (which is in part, connected to acceleration).

Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused, and please let us know if you have any other concerns.

- Warren
Honorary Alumnus

If your external data storage device is wired to the router and you are trying to view it from another device on your network then your issue is most likely just a LAN setup/permissions issue having nothing to do with TCP Acceleration that really being associated with your OS's networking internal settings.

If you are instead trying to access a storage device on your network from a remote (non-LAN location) then what you are looking for is more along the line of "port forwarding".

With a Hughes connection because of the "proxied web acceleration" type of connection you would need what Hughes calls a static ip address. Those were in the past, on Hughes legacy systems available as an extra cost item. However all IPv4 address have been depleted so that option is no longer available.

It was said that some had been available on Hughes Business grade service plans but even those were in limited areas.

The only other thing is going with IPv6 compatible devices and on a Gen4 HT1000/1100 modem, compatible router and so on. I have yet to see anyone post details of how they made one work however.

Warren,

Thank you for diligently researching this information. I have two items that I would like clarified.

First: On the "Terminal Page" of the SCC when I select the link  TCP Acceleration Status a box appears http://192.168.0.1/stlui/static/help/hlp-ts-tcp-acceleration.htm containing the statement "TCP Acceleration is a software feature that speeds up terminal data processing. If it is enabled, TCP Acceleration is functioning on the terminal. It may be enabled or disabled." When you say that TCP Acceleration cannot be disabled manually are you referring specifically to the ability of me, the customer, or does that include the ability of HughesNet tech support? If this can not be disabled by anyone then the SCC needs to be updated.

Second: The reason for this question is that I want to be able to remotely access data that is on a hard drive connected to the USB port on my router. This ability is very important to me and it is becoming important to many internet users. In the future users will come to expect this capability. After reading the comment below by Gwalk900, I am coming to the conclusion that there is no way to access data connected to my router remotely over my HugheNet internet service. I would like a clear statement from HughesNet on this matter. Is there any way that data on a storage device that is connected to the USB 3 port of a router can be accessed from a remote (non-LAN) location Using HughesNet Satellite Internet Service?

Thank you,
John
Alum

John,

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, yes, there is no option in SCC for the customer nor tech support to disable the TCP Acceleration.

I do however understand your dilemma on this issue, but I don't think disabling TCP Acceleration is the key here. You want to access the USB port from your router, which tells me that having a static IP might work for you.

What if we switch you to a legacy plan at no cost, that will provides a static IP?  We could switch you to the Power150 plan that provides an IPv4 static IP you can try out to test, as we cannot guarantee that this would work.

Please let us know if you would like to continue forward with this, as it might be a fix to your concerns. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

- Warren

New Poster

Really good idea Warren

I am interested in switching to the Power 150 plan which will have a fixed IP address at no additional cost. I believe I am presently on The Basic Recovery Act Plan so the switch should be easy. I understand that there is no guarantee that this will solve my problem. Would I still have my 5 hours unlimited download period from 2 - 7 AM and would my allotment reset daily just like my currant plan? Would the download and upload speeds be at least as fast as my currant plan? Does switching to a fixed IP address change any of the performance? Please answer these questions and I will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks!! You guys are GREAT.