cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable TCP acceleration on my HN9000 S/N # 301106303714 modem?

Alum

Re: How do I disable TCP acceleration on my HN9000 S/N # 301106303714 modem?

John,

Everything would remain the same as far as your free download period, but switching from Basic to Power 150 will now have your download speeds around 1.5mbps and your upload speeds at around 250kbps. Your daily allowance increases to 350MB, and your monthly data allowance to 10.5GB.

Performance should not be affected otherwise when switching to the Power 150 plan. Hopefully, your able to access your storage device with this change, but again we cannot guarantee that this would work.

Please let us know if this is a go, and I will set it up for you.

Appreciate your patience and looking forward to your feedback.

- Warren

Yes this is definitely a "Go". Please switch me to the Power 150 plan with a fixed IP address. Hopefully this will enable remote access of data storage that is connected to the USB port of my router. I am looking forward to trying it out.

I want to thank you and HughesNet for listening and responding in such a professional and helpful manner. You get five stars on this one
Alum

John,

No problem! You will receive an automated email of the plan switch, but disregard the account charges as we will comp you for the month to test out the change. The process takes a few hours to adjust and we will post back here when completed.

Hope this works for you!

We will respond shortly with instructions for obtaining your Static IP once complete.

- Warren

When you wrote "What if we switch you to a legacy plan at no cost ", I thought there would be no cost. Please be clear about costs to me. I want to make sure that I can switch back if If I want to. Will I be able to switch back at no cost? What will my cost be if I choose to stay on the Power 150 plan? Can you switch me to a fixed IP and leave me on my present plan? I am still looking forward to trying this out.

Hey everybody IT WORKED. My son in San Diego, 400 miles away, was able to connect to the USB 3 data storage on my new router, so I now have my own private cloud.

Warren,

Thanks again for making this happen. I am pretty sure that I want to keep the fixed IP and I appreciate you giving me some time to check it out.
Alum

Hello John,

That's good news! I'm glad everything worked out for you. Please expect a call from the corporate office today to explain your updated plan for you.

Please let us know if you have any other additional questions.

- Warren