Hughesnet Community

How do I download movies or series with netflix during bonus time and then watch them on my roku?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jredmon23

How do I download movies or series with netflix during bonus time and then watch them on my roku?

5 REPLIES 5
Liz

Hi jredmon23,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Streaming media sites like Netflix currently don't offer an option to download for later viewing. 

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

FIA Ranch

jredmon23....

It is true that Netflix does not offer downloading.

However, if you have a good Windows PC you can use an application called PlayOn Plus to download programs and stream them later from your PC to your Roku.

A couple of cautions.  Your PC needs to have the power to handle the streaming and the hard drive capacity to handle the files.  And second, I use a wired gigabit network and it works great to my smart TV, so I don't know how well it would work if you try to use wifi or how well it will work with Roku.

And one more caution... be careful what resolution you use.... this kind of stuff can eat data allowance like a starving animal if you are not careful....

Check out their product here.... costs $70 for a lifetime subscription.... https://www.playon.tv/

Scorpion51

I use NightShift. I find it more reliable than PlayOn, which i use for everything not Netflix. NightShift requires an Asus router but PlayOn requires a computer. Both work with roku
Gokartergo

Nightshift works great with Netflix..
FIA Ranch

Had not heard of NightShift..... will have to explore that......