Hughesnet Community

How do I find the latitude and longitude I need when reinstalling ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lynsey930

How do I find the latitude and longitude I need when reinstalling ?

Live in Smyrna Tn. I need the correct latitude and longitude to reinstall. Hoping someone here can help bc tech suppost is a joke. Told me to register and that didn't work, then said to reinstall and that's not working either. Its been says pointing in progress for over 12 hours. SQF max is 29. Signal quality is 15.
6 REPLIES 6
Amanda

Hi lynsey,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties - when the representative asked you to reinstall, did you stay on the line with them? If a reinstall fails, we generally send out a technician. If you have the case number from that call or the serial number from your modem, we'll be happy to check things out.

Thanks
Amanda
lynsey930

I don't have a case number I ended the call I was tired of dealing with a smart ass kid . My serial number is B3 001057934 Ai . If I can't fix this myself you can cancel my service I'm not paying for a technician to come out again
Amanda

Hi lynsey,

I am very sorry if you had a bad experience on the phone and we'll definitely have a manager look into it. As for the no-service issue, I can't troubleshoot or get you the GPS information needed, but I can send a technician out to you at no cost. Please let me know if that is okay.

Thank you
Amanda
lynsey930

That would be fine
Amanda

Hi Lynsey

Great! I've made the order and you should be receiving a call to verify the appointment (schedule for tomorrow between 11AM and 2 PM but can be easily rescheduled with the installer. Let us know how everything is after your visit

Thanks
Amanda
Amanda

Hello,
It has been over a week since we've heard from you! If you are still having the same concerns, please feel free to create an updated post.

Thank you
Amanda