Hughesnet Community

How do I get a report on total data usage for a billing cycle?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robitron
Freshman

How do I get a report on total data usage for a billing cycle?

Okay, so according to this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi... the Hughesnet page 192.168.0.1

shows a report on data usage? Where is this report?

I check that site almost daily as my family uses our 50G of data in less than two weeks. So I'd love to see a report of exactly how much data we use in a billing cycle. Of course, since most of the month, we're in FAP (whatever that is) I don't know how it would accurately show how much data we use, I'd still love to see some estimate! Did I understand that right from the post?

Also, the data calculator link listed In it isn't functioning properly according to the tech support guy I talked to over there. For instance, there was no way to get the data you enter to calculate (which is sort of the whole point. lol)

Anyway, so how can I find out how much data we are using in total (even in approximation).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Robitron 

HughesNet has a prioritization policy in place right now that favors work and schooling related activities because of the pandemic related increase in traffic on the system.  Things like gaming downloads are taking a back seat during times of high volume, which is pretty much right around the clock at this point.  Because of this, game updates can take a very long time.  

There's no way to get any kind of a report like you're describing from HughesNet.  About the only thing you can do is use a router with data usage tallying capabilities.  Most can these days, but the ones that can tally by device cost a good bit more.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13