Hughesnet Community

How do I redeem the tokens?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenny Lipowski

How do I redeem the tokens?

The coding for this so called status meter appears to be written by people that have no business writing code what's so ever. I know 10 year olds that can write sensible code 1000 times better because they care about what they do. I was on the phone over half an hour yesterday trying to resolve other issues like forming a RELIABLE connection. The tech was nice but completely inept and as I guessed, solved nothing. Frankly put, I could care less about the download speed, all I want is a R-E-L-I-A-B-L-E connection not having to continually reload pages.

Back to the status meter which I recently updated. I noticed yesterday that I was about to go over, so I purchased tokens. One would think that as soon as they were purchased (in this case I bought 2 Gig) that it would be reflected within the meter and turn back to green.... Not happening. I was told by the inept tech guy that I had to manually transfer these tokens. REALLY? Then I come to find out that I had a total of almost 5 Gig available to me that I also purchased over the last 2 1/2 months. Hey HughesNet... in case you missed the memo..... We're in the 21st century. Quit being STUPID!!!

Additionally the tech gave me instruction as to how to actually use the available bonus bytes. He directed me to www.programmanager.com which would allow me to automatically download movies etc during this time. I went to the site only to discover that the URL is just parked, and up for sale or rent. There is nothing there. Grrrrr! Like I said completely in(frickin)ept! 

In closing I honestly feel that this company does not care about this so called SERVICE they provide. We're shackled to this contract and they can suck the fees right out of our accounts as they are pretty much guaranteed cash flow! Sad, sad, sad! 
15 REPLIES 15