cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use my restore tokens?

How do I use my restore tokens?

My download meter is down to 4 percent.  And I purchased  some restore tokens. But I don't see how to install them and when I checked they said that my status was okay even though I was down to 4 percent. Please help.
28 REPLIES 28

Re: How do I use my restore tokens?

I purchased tokens in August and they loaded automatically when I was down to 0%.  I would say yours would do the same.  Hope this helps!

I also found that to be true. They don't go into effect until you reach 0. You should use your free tokens before purchasing additional tokens. 
Highlighted

You must be at zero % to use restore tokens.

I agree, use your free first and that may get you thru till your month recycles. Go into Hughes Status Meter click on Purchase Tokens (upper right hand corner). Should be 500MB free....click on use.
New Poster

Your tokens should show up as token bytes in the status meter

What the others say it true: you can't apply tokens until your reach 0 on the meter. That was one of the things I liked about the "old" /previous/ UNBROKEN meter...you could select an option that allowed tokens to be applied automatically when you reached zero rather than have to wait and wait and try to catch it in time to apply the token so that download in progress would not be interrupted. This "new" and user-UNfriendly meter is not set up that way so you have to monitor your download and hope to get the application done in a timely manner so download does not stop and then you have to start over (losing the bandwidth already used to get to that point). My guess is this is planned so that hughesnet can sell more tokens.  Just my point of view. I see no other VALID reason for the change to this "new" meter which causes a lot of errors in purchasing/using tokens. Personal experience speaking.
Assistant Professor

You can "use" a token anytime. It then sits in the Token Bytes Available bucket until you reach zero in your Anytime minutes. Then it is automatically used.

When did this start? When I last needed to use a restore token I ended up accidentally purchasing multiple tokens as there was no indication at all that bandwidth had been added and my download simply got lost/failed as there was extended delay in getting token to activate. I ended up having to argue with Hughesnet "tech support" and billing to get a refund-which they tried to deny until someone with a brain finally realized that their "new" meter was faulty and not user-friendly. So, when did they fix it?
New Poster

is yours showing token bytes since you purchased the tokens?