cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use my restore tokens?

Re: How do I use my restore tokens?

Hello Tracy,

This is a good question, especially to pass on this thread for other customers with the same concern. Our wonderful community members have once again given great advice! When using http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com you will need to both purchase and "use" your tokens to have them appear in your Token Bucket. You can also purchase them and then use them from the HughesNet Status Meter. Our two step process was created mainly to attend to customers who wish to "bank" their tokens for future use, but everyone's input is very good and something that I can pass along at our next meeting - especially the concerns about accidentally buying too many tokens if you think the first did not go through. I hope that our members were able to clear up your concern for you and as always let us know if there is anything else we can assist with!

Thank you,

Amanda
New Poster

I want a box in the status meter to lock the token bytes so they cant be used unless you uncheck the box to prevent anything from using the tokens automatically without my knowledge. 
New Poster

is easy to do especially if you have kids, lol

Brand new to HughesNet a lot of good advice I am glad that a tech is paying attention to the concerns Thanks Mike

Thanks Melissa, for explaining a bit better than perhaps I was trying to do. I am a 72 year old widow, no kids sneaking around watching videos after I leave the room, no other person downloading or whatever. I, me, I made the choice to check the  box provided (with the previous meter) to allow a token I had in the "bank" to be automatically used if I ran out of bandwidth while in the middle of trying to update, download or whatever....MY choice as to how I wanted to use the token. IF I, me, I decided to change that option, it was still an OPTION for ME to decide. Everything was open and "transparent" (remember how we used to put trust in that word?...LOL) Now it's all hazy, behind the scenes and only Hughesnet knows what's going on....and that is often in doubt as well...as we can see from the complaints that are ongoing.  So, yes, I feel we are being tricked in little ways into purchasing tokens when we really don't need to mostly due to the smoke and mirrors presented with this nasty new meter. Having to argue with billing when unwanted tokens are accidentally purchased due to the confusion is a whole 'nother nightmare as well. You can talk to 3 different people and get 4 different answers to the same question: how hughesnet will refund your money. One says you have to take it in monthly payments as credits to your account, another says they will immediately refund the overcharge (this after demanding to speak with a supervisor and threatening to cancel service)....yeah, you get the picture as to why this mess needs to be cleared up.

Aww Charles, that almost sounded like you missed me Smiley Happy

Hi Sally, Glad I could help !! Hopefully this will be the extra push the engineers need to fix this major flaw in the new meter....
New Poster

Well yeah. Smiley Happy

I'll second that notion, unless I have an update that absolutely has to be done at that moment I would much rather wait out the last few (in my case) hours in FAP than to unintentionally consume more than a few token bytes when so close to refill.
Highlighted

This information should be in an easy to access location without having to go through a forum like this to learn it.