cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you checking the satellite alignment?

Highlighted
New Poster

How do you checking the satellite alignment?

I have had issues with the connection - I do the connectivity test and get a 70% packet loss. Summary Operatiinal State is degraded
The diagnostic code is 0000-0000-0000-0027
I’ve tried with web acceleration on and off
Download link is 77-79
....and yes it’s a beautiful sunny day. I tried unplugging and restarting the terminal as in the past. I’ve had HughesNet for many years ( not sure how many) and while it shows that you can connect it’s not allowing and web sites to connect.
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor III

Re: How do you checking the satellite alignment?

@Lfpaula

It's very difficult for a customer to verify alignment, and I wouldn't advise trying to do so, as if it creates a situation that would require a tech to fix, you'd probably have to pay for it.  But, have no fear, the reps can remotely check your HughesNet equipment and see what's going on, including if your dish needs to be realigned or if there is some type of obstruction, like a tree that has grown taller.  

A 70% packet loss is not good.  Bad weather at your gateway, which is located in a different state than you, can cause issues in the same manner as bad weather at your own location, but if this has been going on for longer than what a storm could cause, it's unlikely that it's weather related.  

I'll tag a couple of reps so that they will be sure to see your post and help.  In the meantime, please keep your HughesNet modem plugged in so that they can run the aforementioned remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary, which they almost assuredly will.

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They're often pretty quick, but it can take them a day or two to reply.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Edit:  It would also be a good idea to make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is finger tight.  It doesn't need to be tighter than this, but it shouldn't be loose.  

Also, though power cycling the modem can sometimes fix issues, like you mentioned, packet loss isn't usually one of the types of things it helps, though I've seen stranger things.  Smiley Tongue  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Re: How do you checking the satellite alignment?

Hi Paula,

Welcome to the community, glad to have you here. I pulled up your account to have a look at your site regarding your concerns, and first thing is we definitely want to get that old HT1000 replaced. I've created a dispatch to review your site as well. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Wednesday, Aug 22, 2018 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #114526282 if you need to reschedule. Hope it goes well!

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->