How do you get tech support?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaiserfamily
Sophomore

How do you get tech support?

I don’t think my hardware is good but there isn’t a tech support you can call to come out and check. How do I get someone?
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I wonder if you can request a tech visit — you’d have to pay for it, of course.

I have asked but keep getting directed to communities.
GabeU

@Kaiserfamily

Unless the reps see a reason to initiate a truck roll during their remote diagnostics of your system they won't do so.  Hardy, from your other thread, would have run those diagnostics as one of her troubleshoot procedures.  If she had seen something amiss she surely would have said as much.  And by something amiss I mean with your equipment or its setup, not with any system adjustments she tried.  You can always request a tech, regardless, but you'd have to pay for it.  The last I knew it was $125, but that may have changed.  

Chances are, because nothing was said by Hardy about your equipment or its setup, having a tech come out would be a waste of time and money.

And please don't get me wrong, I feel for you and your streaming issue, and I truly wish it was working better for you.  I'm only speaking of a truck roll, here.  

maratsade

" You can always request a tech, regardless, but you'd have to pay for it.  The last I knew it was $125, but that may have changed.  "

Honestly, I'd pay for one, if it were me, even if it did end up being a waste of time. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

" You can always request a tech, regardless, but you'd have to pay for it.  The last I knew it was $125, but that may have changed.  "

Honestly, I'd pay for one, if it were me, even if it did end up being a waste of time. 

I wouldn't.   Anything that the tech could find that would or could be affecting the system the reps can see an indication of.  Even something like water in a coax connector. 

That's just me, though.   

Hi Kaiserfamily,

I did review your account and all your equipment is fine. The only thing I see that could be causing the slow speeds is that there is no data remaining on the account. 

*Felicia*