cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Speedgraphic
Freshman

How is this not a scam?

Business account here.

I returned from our XMas vacation yesterday to no internet access. I went through the usual support basics of resets etc, no luck. So I called today and tech support had me do the same thing. My modem turns on and can make a network, but I am recieving no satalite communication. Only the power and wifi lights are on.

Apparently the only solution for me is to sign up for a service and support plan, which is hundreds of dollars per year, or a one time visit, which is well over a hundred bucks.

Are you kidding me? My modem is just over 6mo old. They refuse to just mail me a new one. It's not complicated to just swap them out. I'm somewhat tech savvy. Increasing my bill just to keep the equipment that I don't even really own working is highway robbery, and likely in violoation of the State of Maine's implied warranty laws.

This service is expensive enough! The least they could do is keep it working for me without incurring additional fees.
7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This site is for residential support, not for business customers.  However, the reps on this site will be back Monday and may be able to do something for you -- or not (depends on the situation). 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Speedgraphic wrote:

Business account here.

I returned from our XMas vacation yesterday to no internet access. I went through the usual support basics of resets etc, no luck. So I called today and tech support had me do the same thing. My modem turns on and can make a network, but I am recieving no satalite communication. Only the power and wifi lights are on.

Apparently the only solution for me is to sign up for a service and support plan, which is hundreds of dollars per year, or a one time visit, which is well over a hundred bucks.

Are you kidding me? My modem is just over 6mo old. They refuse to just mail me a new one. It's not complicated to just swap them out. I'm somewhat tech savvy. Increasing my bill just to keep the equipment that I don't even really own working is highway robbery, and likely in violoation of the State of Maine's implied warranty laws.

This service is expensive enough! The least they could do is keep it working for me without incurring additional fees.

Its the same company providing the same service with slightly different features at the margins. Plus my account page links me to this forum so where else am I supposed to go???
maratsade

Don't shoot the messenger, please.  All I was doing was telling you that this site is for residential customers.  This is what the HN reps on this site have told business customers before -- that they have minimal access to business accounts and that those are handled by a different department. There's a phone number, I believe, for business customers. 

Like I wrote before, they may still be able to do something for you.  They will probably respond to your post some time next week. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Speedgraphic wrote:
Its the same company providing the same service with slightly different features at the margins. Plus my account page links me to this forum so where else am I supposed to go???

GabeU

@Speedgraphic wrote:

Generally, for business support, you should call 800-347-3272.  

I think it's quite clear from my post that I was speaking with business support. They seem to think the remedy for their faulty equipment which I lease is a significant increase in my Monthly bill. Since there is no forum for business users this is going to be the default forum.

Hello Mark,
Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.. I apologize for your frustration. I have responded to your Twitter post. I can see your modem has been replaced today. According to the tech notes, everything seems to be functioning properly. Have you noticed any improvements since the new modem was installed? Thanks. -*Felicia* 

Mark,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Felicia