Hughesnet Community

How long does it take to get a number ported?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pattymotley
Freshman

How long does it take to get a number ported?

I am still waiting to get my phone number ported to my HughesNet phone. I need to stop the old service because it costs me every day it is still running. I need to know so I can cancel my HughesNet phone service before the 30 days if they are not going to port. I need the old number for several people, including government agencies, to contact me and if Hughes is not going to port I need to know? This is VERY important.
26 REPLIES 26
Amanda

Hello Patty

Good question! Porting your voice number takes 10 business days. If it has been longer than that, please let me know. 

Thank you
Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

I had the service installed on Sept. 29. I would say since it is Oct. 11 it has been over 10 days.
Amanda

Hi Patty

I understand you had the service installed on the 29th, but what day did you submit the porting information? It would be 10 business days from that date.

Thanks
Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

I applied on the 30th but I was told 10 days, not 10 business days. But ok. It should be up by Friday.
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Telephone number porting time depends mostly on how quickly your previous phone service provider moves on releasing your number so that it may be acquired by your new service provider.

You may want to contact them to see what their policy is in releasing numbers, and make sure they have a work order in place.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Amanda

Hi Patty - I see you activated the service on the 30th, but I don't see that your porting information was submitted to us. After your service was activated did you log into our site and submit your phone number and previous provider information?

-Amanda
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

http://voice.hughesnet.com/porting/
pattymotley
Freshman

I filled out the form and submitted it on the 30th. I did the whole account thing and went to the porting request and filled it out and submitted it.
Amanda

Hi Patty

I don't see its processed or submitted at all.. If you did submit it then we did not receive it or it is not reflecting at least for me. Did you get a confirmation email that it was submitted to your email address?

Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

I did submit it. I jumped through all the hoops. Now you are telling me the request was not processed and I have to keep paying another service to keep the number because your computer generated porting system does not work? I went to site and clicked on everything and then filled out the form and submitted it. If it didn't work before why would it work now? I need the number ported. I spoke to several company reps and did what I was told to do. I received several email about surveys on how helpful they were when I spoke to them about it. But I DID submit the
Amanda

Hi Patty

I understand this is probably super frustrating. We'll do whatever we can to help you out with your bill ASAP. Do you have a copy of the confirmation email from the port request? I let the engineers know yesterday about this issue and want to be able to show them the discrepancy in the system so they can see if there are more incidents like this.

Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

No. I had to call someone and get it started all over again. There was no confirmation but also nothing to tell me when I filled out the form the first time it DID NOT go through. Now I have to carry AT&T another 2 weeks.
Amanda

Hi Patty

Again I am really sorry about this. Can you please submit the port request again? If it helps, I will waive your next two months of HughesNet Voice service charges to offset you having to keep your old provider since I can't pay AT&T 🙂

Let me know if you try porting again and when you are done, I'll double check right away on my side to make sure we got it.

Thank you

Amanda

p.s. I changed your post from a Question to a Problem and marked it as In Progress 
pattymotley
Freshman

I was up till after 11:30 last night but finally got it to go through. I had to fight the at&t website to get a bill to finally come up to get my pin and then had to sign back in and refill the port request form because I took so long to find the pin. I was not about to get off the phone until it was done. It had been awhile since I had a paper bill I couldn't find one of those. Anyway, I think the ticket # is 56294190.
pattymotley
Freshman

I have also noticed a lot of static on the phone with the temporary number.
Amanda

Hi Patty

Thank you and we so much appreciate the effort you've put in.. I see the port request has been put through and should be completed on the 20th according to the schedule. Can you let me know if the static continues after your number is ported? 

I will also add my notes and credit to your account (2 months of voice service). Once that is done I will give you the case number for our interaction here, but I will also leave this thread open so we can communicate about your issue. 

Thanks again Patty and hope you have a good weekend

Amanda
pattymotley
Freshman

I JUST got an email saying that now it will take 5 to 10 days.  Does the count just now start?
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Yes, that's a standard auto-response to a porting request. If you did not receive a similar Email before, then your original porting request was either not completed and submitted, or it was not received.. 
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

I should add that, the time to complete the porting process is controlled almost entirely by your current telephone service provider. They have to formally release the number before it can be added by your new telephone service provider.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You may want to call AT&T in a few days and see if there is any way they can push it faster on their side.