cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

Tutor

Re: How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

I understand overload and oversold but that doesn't really explain why my system performance suddenly hit the wall on December 11 and has stayed that way. It's not like they activated 80 gazillion installations on beam 55 that night as my system melted down and showed no signs of life until the next morning.

Since December, this is a recurring event.that happens on a frighteningly regular basis.

Re: How many Gen 4 members are NOT seeing severe performance degradations afternoons, nights and weekends?

I use that as well and the tech that replaced all my equipment said it had to be on there end.  Slow since Feb 14th.  I'm supposed to have 10 down a 2 up.

No complaints my speed seams very steady, even during the busy hours.  Most of the time I use the internet daily between 09:00 and 17:00 and I have no problem doing what I need to do.  I don't run speed test very often as it is not relevant as long as I get done what I need to in reasonable time.  So far not to many issues with speed what I don't like is bonus times being so short and Data limits to low for the cost.  But if it is all I can get then (Ce qui jamais sera soyez).
Highlighted
Sophomore

Better than advertised speeds here .Most of the time between 17 and 19

Hey sgohe, what is the ultra plan?  Mine is 10 GBPS down 2 GBPS up 15 gigs a month.
Honorary Alumnus

Rickie,

These were the original Gen4 plan offerings:

Then in mid December, new plan levels became available.

The "selection" varies by a users location and seems to be dependent upon localized capacity.

This in the more congested areas:

And this one that includes the Ultra plan:

jezra ,have you tried reinstalling your modem ???? i was beginning to have that problem and last night i did a re installment of the modem and everything is way back up there as the day it was installed !!!
Honorary Alumnus

Well ..... a user could  do either a re-install or a re-registration ,,, but not a recommended move Smiley Happy

Assistant Professor

I would not do that unless told to by a Tier4 Tech.
Honorary Alumnus

Me neither.

That fits in with "hey !, don't step in that !!!"